Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Jones Beach/Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air Show

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post
    I was listening to the Tower after the F-22 was finished with his show. The KFRG controller thought and gave clearance for the F-22 and P-51 flyby. Then, said he wasn't coming due to low fuel as he headed back to ISP. Bummer.

Just wonder why the BA's didn't takeoff in formation. two days in a row they took off individually.

-dave-
    Yes, that was VERY unfortunate that the Raptor was low on fuel AGAIN, and couldn't
    do a flyover at FRG today, especially after that was their problem on Friday also.
    In past years, the F-22 Demo Team has ALWAYS done a great job doing a flyover
    at FRG on their way back to ISP, and in my opinion this years Raptor Demo Team
    definitely dropped ball as far as getting the most exposure for the USAF here on LI.

The Blue Angels didn't take off in formation most likely because of new FAA safety regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    That timing should work out for you to find spot at the Terminal on Sunday.
    Great, thank you!

Yeah, I was talking to Blue Angel #6 after the show today, when they were swapping out jets from Andrews,
    and he said with the pending Tropical storm down in the Gulf set to hit the Pensacola area soon they're going to
    stay over an extra day or two on Long Island before they head down to their next show at NAS Patuxent River.
    So either Monday or Tuesday departure?
    Glenn

Yes, that was VERY unfortunate that the Raptor was low on fuel AGAIN, and couldn't
    do a flyover at FRG today, especially after that was their problem on Friday also.
    In past years, the F-22 Demo Team has ALWAYS done a great job doing a flyover
    at FRG on their way back to ISP, and in my opinion this years Raptor Demo Team
    definitely dropped ball as far as getting the most exposure for the USAF here on LI.

The Blue Angels didn't take off in formation most likely because of new FAA safety regulations.
    The demo rocked at the beach but yeah, shame they skipped flyover at KFRG. I've never seen it there but have seen pics of him faking the landing.

What do you mean didn't take off in formation? They took off one at a time?
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    So either Monday or Tuesday departure?
    Yeah, they just didn't know what day yet, but I would lean more toward Tues. since Mon. is a holiday.
    Last edited by Chris S; 2018-05-27 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    The demo rocked at the beach but yeah, shame they skipped flyover at KFRG. I've never seen it there but have seen pics of him faking the landing.

What do you mean didn't take off in formation? They took off one at a time?
    In years past at FRG, the Blue Angels would always take off together as a 4 ship Diamond formation,
    followed by the 2-Ship Solos formation. On Saturday they all did rapid single file takeoffs spaced out
    a few seconds apart.
    Last edited by Chris S; 2018-05-27 at 07:59 AM.

Though the BA's did takeoff in formation on Thursday, though there were only three...#3 was missing. As per my pic:
    https://davidlobel.smugmug.com/Publi...r9/i-xJ9qRxW/A

As per Newsday: Bethpage Air Show’s second day canceled by rainy weather!
    https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...how-1.18783500

We got all the way to the bridge and then saw the sign that the airshow is cancelled! Damned weather underground still shows partly cloudy with 20% chance of rain... They've always been the most reliable source, what the hell... Are interns Manning the controls this weekend?!

Dave,

Then "right click" on the image and select "properties" and click on it.
    Highlight and copy the image URl from the popup window.
    Go to NYC aviation forum & sign in to post a message in the thread.
    On the tool bar for your post the 3rd icon from the end is a green square & it says "Insert image" when you put your cursor over it.
    Click it and a pop up will appear for you to past in the the URL that you copied
    Then post the image

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post
    @fk6065: Good Morning Fred, as a fellow Smugmugger is there a way to post an image from a Smugmug gallery to this site? I tried embedding a direct link to an image using the IMG tag, but no success. Any help is most appreciative. Tnx!!

This the link I used in an earlier post with [IMG][/IMG]

https://davidlobel.smugmug.com/Publi...z/i-gJZtKrt/A”

-Dave-
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Nice shots, Fred, and good seeing you the other day at FRG.

BTW, found this cool video of the Blue Angels single file takeoffs from FRG yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    Dave,

Then "right click" on the image and select "properties" and click on it.
    Highlight and copy the image URl from the popup window.
    Go to NYC aviation forum & sign in to post a message in the thread.
    On the tool bar for your post the 3rd icon from the end is a green square & it says "Insert image" when you put your cursor over it.
    Click it and a pop up will appear for you to past in the the URL that you copied
    Then post the image
    Fred, Thank you for the road map. Though right clicking doesn't give me what I need because Chrome brings up "Chrome Settings" and not Smugmug. But I did look further and found that when I click on the smugmug sharing icon, that's where I was able to find the URL for the JPG and size.

-dave-

This was from the Thursday first practice run without #3. And the only time I saw a takeoff with formation.
    [Thank you Fred for the smugmug help on finding the JPG URL]