Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Jones Beach/Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air Show

2018 Jones Beach/Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air Show

Saturday May 26th and Sunday May 27th from 10AM – 3PM
    http://bethpageairshow.com/

FYI- The 2018 Jet Team schedules were just announced out at the ICAS Convention in Vegas and
    the Blue Angels, Canadian Snowbirds, and F-22 Demo have been confirmed for Jones Beach !

I've been hearing some speculation that the A-10 could be making an appearance at this year's air show being that ACC has reinstated the demo. What is everyone's thoughts?

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    The A-10 team is currently booked for Columbia, Missouri that weekend. http://www.acc.af.mil/Home/Aerial-Ev...0-HF-Schedule/

Sucks that the A-10 demo is booked that weekend the AMM said on their Facebook that they are looking to have A-10 there at some point. No details as to what that meant.
    Glenn

Maybe we can get a Super Tom 21 LOL ;)

Where is the F22 based? Is it JFK or Islip?

I think it was based at ISP last time.

I know this has been discussed in years past but is there any sort of viewing area at ISP to watch the f22 come in, take off or to photograph while parked? When I went to ISP last year to watch the thunderbirds come in I was not bothered by anyone. Also does anyone have the correct scanner frequency for ISP?

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    I know this has been discussed in years past but is there any sort of viewing area at ISP to watch the f22 come in, take off or to photograph while parked? When I went to ISP last year to watch the thunderbirds come in I was not bothered by anyone. Also does anyone have the correct scanner frequency for ISP?
    Maybe they are relaxing a bit? But I know they had a specific area to watch the Thunderbirds with people patrolling Lakeland kicking people out
    Glenn

Any Schedule yet as to when any of the Angles team will be arriving at FRG? Isn't this around the time when the Advance team drops & installs the Arresting gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Danycam View Post
    Any Schedule yet as to when any of the Angles team will be arriving at FRG? Isn't this around the time when the Advance team drops & installs the Arresting gear?
    Arresting gear gets installed maybe a few days before #7's arrival. Maybe the weekend before. Blues likely in Thursday morning with #7 Wednesday late afternoon/evening. Shame no Fat Albert or even an Ernie this year..
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Arresting gear gets installed maybe a few days before #7's arrival. Maybe the weekend before. Blues likely in Thursday morning with #7 Wednesday late afternoon/evening. Shame no Fat Albert or even an Ernie this year..
    So they will use a generic military C-130 to move their equipment?
    And as in the past the Blues will they head to Annapolis on Friday morning for the Naval Academy Gradution?

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Really?! No Fat Albert???

Quote Originally Posted by Billbo1970 View Post
    Really?! No Fat Albert???
    No - their aircraft, along with all other C-130T models, were grounded following the crash of a T-model in Mississippi last year. The team was working on acquiring a new J-model. Right now, given the high operational needs of the Navy, there are no J-models available, and the Navy is looking to acquire a surplus Royal Air Force J-model from storage.

http://airshowstuff.com/v4/2018/new-...ement-process/

In the past they came here Fat Albert was being worked or restored and the back up C130 was called Erie lol