Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Jones Beach/Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air Show

Quote Originally Posted by atenzany62 View Post
    hey guys where can i watch the blue angels do their start up sequence at republic? i went there 6 years ago and forgot how to get there, they were right behind a fence and it was a close up view. do they still park their planes at the same ramp?
    Go to the 110 side, and park by the actual terminal & walk up to the fence

Blues flew 7 jets today, was cool to see. Must have been doing photos.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Billbo1970 View Post
    Go to the 110 side, and park by the actual terminal & walk up to the fence
    thanks so much! that's the spot :)

btw, what time do you guys go there to see their start up ceremony? noted that on page 3 someone said at 1345 is the walk down, what does walk down mean exactly? should i get there couple hours earlier? don't want to miss them

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    3. Possibly.

4. 10:30
    FYI - According to the AAM's event flyer the Museum will actually open at 10AM each day.

Last edited by Chris S; 2018-05-25 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atenzany62 View Post
    thanks so much! that's the spot :)

btw, what time do you guys go there to see their start up ceremony? noted that on page 3 someone said at 1345 is the walk down, what does walk down mean exactly? should i get there couple hours earlier? don't want to miss them
    Yeah, better get there early cause the terminal is going to be a very a popular place
    this whole weekend with ALOT of people trying to get up close to see the Blue Angels !
    The "walk down" is when the Blue Angel pilots actually line-up together and then they
    start to walk down the flight line in formation to each of their F-18 jets.

Anybody know if the raptor did a pass though at republic today I was at the beach. Trying to guess what runway he will Be using if he goes again tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the F-22 didn't do a pass at Republic today.
    Hopefully it will do one tomorrow with the P-51 because
    the P-51 wasn't available to do the Heritage flight today.

Well I can't make the show today because I have to man the store. I was planning to be closed tomorrow so I could make the show on Sunday like I normally do but it looks like it's going to be a washout.

I would believe the F-22 (and Mustang) would do their fly-by over runway 1, so they can show to the crowd at the museum. The next guess is what time?

Shout out to those (or the one) who maintains this site/threads. Thank you for the platform and info you provide to all of us. I’m sure it’s a lot of work, and much appreciated.

ALSO, to all the members who post great info, insight, pix and everything else. Thank you too!!

-Dave Lobel-

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Yeah, better get there early cause the terminal is going to be a very a popular place
    this whole weekend with ALOT of people trying to get up close to see the Blue Angels !
    The "walk down" is when the Blue Angel pilots actually line-up together and then they
    start to walk down the flight line in formation to each of their F-18 jets.
    How early is early? I was hoping to check out the aircraft near AAM first and then drive over to the terminal around 12. Does that sound too late to find a spot? Thanks!

I was listening to the Tower after the F-22 was finished with his show. The KFRG controller thought and gave clearance for the F-22 and P-51 flyby. Then, said he wasn't coming due to low fuel as he headed back to ISP. Bummer. But the BA's gave a nice (standard) fly over for the crowd.

Just wonder why the BA's didn't takeoff in formation. two days in a row they took off individually.

-dave-

So when I was at the beach in Thursday for circles and arrivals I heard on the scanner the Blue Angels, not sure pilots or guys at the comm cart talking about if the weather gets bad the May get stuck here and that it wouldn't be the worst thing to get stuck in the city. After checking the weather I guess they were referring to the weather at home because the West coast is on a tropical storm warning. Wonder how tomorrow will play out as far as their departure.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by twasbrillig12 View Post
    How early is early? I was hoping to check out the aircraft near AAM first and then drive over to the terminal around 12. Does that sound too late to find a spot? Thanks!
    That timing should work out for you to find spot at the Terminal on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    So when I was at the beach in Thursday for circles and arrivals I heard on the scanner the Blue Angels, not sure pilots or guys at the comm cart talking about if the weather gets bad the May get stuck here and that it wouldn't be the worst thing to get stuck in the city. After checking the weather I guess they were referring to the weather at home because the West coast is on a tropical storm warning. Wonder how tomorrow will play out as far as their departure.
    Yeah, I was talking to Blue Angel #6 after the show today, when they were swapping out jets from Andrews,
    and he said with the pending Tropical storm down in the Gulf set to hit the Pensacola area soon they're going to
    stay over an extra day or two on Long Island before they head down to their next show at NAS Patuxent River.