Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Jones Beach/Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    Hey folks I over heard one of the pilots is from Levitown Long Island dose anyone know which plane.
    I think that was the thunderbirds

Cool

Was a beautiful day today! Even though we were missing #3 :-(

One of my grabs of the day.

Hmm...can't seem to embed an image from my Smugmug gallery... So here's the link
    https://davidlobel.smugmug.com/Publi...Sz/i-gJZtKrt/A
    Last edited by imyrless; 2018-05-24 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    Hey folks I over heard one of the pilots is from Levitown Long Island dose anyone know which plane.
    That is the Thunderbirds. Lt. Col. Kevin Walsh currently flying the #1 jet for the Thunderbirds is from Levittown!

FYI- They still have a broken jet down at Andrews so they flew in another F-18 up from Pensacola
    today around 12:30. The #7 jet was put into the Hangar this afternoon so that they could do
    an engine change on it and after that was completed it went up for a test flight around 7:30
    this evening and returned just after 8PM. So right now it looks like they have 6 jets and a
    spare #7 ready to go for tomorrow morning for the USNA Graduation Flyover in Annapolis
    and the Media Flights. Let's just hope they have better luck with ALL the jets tomorrow!!

Also. AAM's new P-51 Mustang finally arrived just after 4PM and the Corsair came in this evening also,
    but right now that was being kept over on the southside of the Sheltair Hangar.

The Blue Angels are due over the USNA Graduation tomorrow morning at 10:04AM so I'd look for an 8:45Am-9:00AM departure from KFRG
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

@fk6065: Good Morning Fred, as a fellow Smugmugger is there a way to post an image from a Smugmug gallery to this site? I tried embedding a direct link to an image using the IMG tag, but no success. Any help is most appreciative. Tnx!!

This the link I used in an earlier post with [IMG][/IMG]

https://davidlobel.smugmug.com/Publi...ZtKrt/A”

-Dave-
    Last edited by imyrless; 2018-05-25 at 07:38 AM.

Good morning all, anyone have any info on the media flights for today?

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post
    Was a beautiful day today! Even though we were missing #3 :-(

One of my grabs of the day.

Hmm...can't seem to embed an image from my Smugmug gallery... So here's the link
    https://davidlobel.smugmug.com/Publi...Sz/i-gJZtKrt/A
    Beautiful shot...that clear blue sky against the blue/gold is spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post
    @fk6065: Good Morning Fred, as a fellow Smugmugger is there a way to post an image from a Smugmug gallery to this site? I tried embedding a direct link to an image using the IMG tag, but no success. Any help is most appreciative. Tnx!!

This the link I used in an earlier post with [IMG][/IMG]

https://davidlobel.smugmug.com/Publi...z/i-gJZtKrt/A”

-Dave-

Very cool photo!
    No idea why the site isn't embedding the photo. Just tried to embed one of my own, using a Dropbox link, and that too, did not work! Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by mazgirl10 View Post
    Beautiful shot...that clear blue sky against the blue/gold is spectacular!
    Thank you for the kind words!

-dave-

A few questions from me:

1. Do we know if the forecast threatens to change things around tomorrow (thunderstorms around 2pm)?

2. Do we know if the Spitfire will be flying? Last I heard it was neither confirmed nor denied.

3. I know it's anybody's guess whether the F-22s will do a pass at FRG, but is there a general inkling?

4. What time does AAM open tomorrow? I don't mind getting there unreasonably early to get a good spot on the flight line, but want to make sure I show up when I should!

5. Will they let me in with a folding chair and a small cooler full of water bottles?
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    A few questions from me:
    2. Do we know if the Spitfire will be flying? Last I heard it was neither confirmed nor denied.
    Per a post on the AAM Facebook page, the Spitfire will not attend the air show this weekend due to "an operational issue".

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    A few questions from me:

3. I know it's anybody's guess whether the F-22s will do a pass at FRG, but is there a general inkling?

4. What time does AAM open tomorrow? I don't mind getting there unreasonably early to get a good spot on the flight line, but want to make sure I show up when I should!

5. Will they let me in with a folding chair and a small cooler full of water bottles?
    3. Possibly.

4. 10:30

hey guys where can i watch the blue angels do their start up sequence at republic? i went there 6 years ago and forgot how to get there, they were right behind a fence and it was a close up view. do they still park their planes at the same ramp?