Thread: Ecuador Air Force 737-200 KWRI, KLGA pics

Ecuador Air Force 737-200 KWRI, KLGA pics

Greetings,
    This recap is a bit long.
    I made it down to WRI to get some shots of the Ecuador Air Force 737-200 FAE-630. I had my sights on this Frame the day I saw a picture of it. Unfortunately the WRI departure took off light and went very high right away so my shots were mediocre at best. Then a few minutes later I noticed it was still at 3,000 feet over Staten Island and realized it was going to the NYC area somewhere. Somehow....some way it ended up landing at LGA. I mean driving 90 miles south to get a plane and then it flies to LGA. At first I was going to head to LGA tomorrow assuming it was going to stay the night but as I got closer to home I figured I probably should check out LGA to see where it was parked and the off chance it might be departing again. Despite the 737 being thrown into the most farthest unshootable Neather Realms of LGA I noticed the plane still had activity around it. In fact both engines were running and a few moments later it stared taxing back out again! So I raced back to Plane View Park and waiting for what seemed like an eternity for it to depart. It has been a few years since I heard a 737-200 rocket down a runway so this was music to my ears. This particular frame sounded MUCH louder than what I was used to hearing from 200 series and I made a note of that both at WRI and at LGA. Its amazing that that these aircraft were once common place and I remember when I used to go out just to watch them not even to take photos.With in 1.5 hours I shot the same plane at 2 different airports

"Foxtrot Alpha Echo Six Three Zero"
    FAE-630
    B732
    KWRI/KLGA

Last edited by SengaB; 2018-01-13 at 02:09 PM.

Great shots Senga! She was in FLL yesterday afternoon - never knew about it until I was driving past the airport on the way home and she was taxiing out...
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Senga .... great catch to say the least! Also, the video and the sound of the 737-200 taking off was awesome to watch.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Thanks Mark and Mark, I think this aircraft will definitely be one of my top shots for the year. I was really hoping to start the video before the 737 started to take off. All the other planes were "Line up and Wait" ing" for 1 to 2 mins. The FAE just got on the runway and went off right away. By the time I put down the camera and got the phone it was too late and it has just started to power up just as I started shooting.. But yea I am glad I was still able to capture most of the sound for the most part. I did see it heading south bound early on. What time did it depart FLL? It was at LGA for no more than 1.5 to 2 hours. I am wondering if it will be back sooner than later. Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2017-11-16 at 12:28 AM.