Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UN Week - 2017

UN Week - 2017

The General Debate of the 72nd Session of the United Nations General Assembly will take place September 19th - 25th. Looking forward to this year's UNGA and hopefully another productive one as various delegations will start to arrive in a few weeks. Happy hunting!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Given the trend, this means that most significant arrivals should (note: should, not will) happen the weekend of 9/16 and 9/17, correct?
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    Given the trend, this means that most significant arrivals should (note: should, not will) happen the weekend of 9/16 and 9/17, correct?
    Yes, the leader speeches will start on Tuesday morning, the 19th. I don't see any parallel summits going on, so hopefully this is a compact session with everyone arriving around the same time over the first weekend.

Thanks for starting the thread Mark. Looking forward to the festivities once again, start praying to the deities of your choice for good weather and some sick metal

Also a quick reminder that 4R/22L is closed from now until the week before Thanksgiving to finish the second phase of the reconstruction work, so don't expect to see much at the Mounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Also a quick reminder that 4R/22L is closed from now until the week before Thanksgiving to finish the second phase of the reconstruction work, so don't expect to see much at the Mounds.
    I was at JFK yesterday picking up family and had time to kill so parked in the North Channel lot and they were swooping over Howard Beach into 13 L/R

Can someone create a master list of "expected" aircraft based on previous years? I.E. Turkish Gov't is TC-TUR (A330)

I've been out of the loop for a couple of years on UN Week and am wondering what we should be keeping an eye out for.
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    Can someone create a master list of "expected" aircraft based on previous years? I.E. Turkish Gov't is TC-TUR (A330)
    I've been out of the loop for a couple of years on UN Week and am wondering what we should be keeping an eye out for.
    Here's last year's thread http://www.nycaviation.com/forum/sho...t=49759&page=2 . Most of the usual suspects were there.

The Namibia Falcon arrived at Newark on Monday. I can't 100% confirm the reg, but it was a 7X, and the Namibian Government only has one on charge, V5-GON. [UPDATE: Confirmed. Thanks, Senga]

Also, for those expecting the new Japan 773, their PM left yesterday for a trip to India onboard the old 744, so unless it's delivered from outfitting in the next 4 days, it'll be the 747(s) again.

Israeli PM Benajmin Netanyahu is currently in Argentina with El Al 763 4X-EAR. He's due here sometime before sundown on Friday (obviously). They usually stay on a T4 hardstand and don't reposition. The Honduras Legacy (FAH-001) was at Dulles this morning, but departed south.

1340: Presidential practice (MV-22/VH-3) going on at Wall Street heliport.

There are some countries with dedicated lift who are NOT sending someone at the Head of State/Head of Government level, and would be unlikely to bring their VIP aircraft.
    These include: Algeria, Angola, Australia, Belarus, Botswana, Indonesia, Germany, Greece, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Russia, Spain, Thailand, Tunisia, Venezuela.
    Then there are also China, India, and Cuba, who use chartered airliners of non-usual types. I've left off Middle Eastern countries who bring a big jet and a big delegation no matter who's actually leading it.

William, sorry, the DPRK is showing as only being at Minister level. They're not huge fans of the UN for obvious reasons, and a North Korean leader has never addressed the UN (or visited the United States).

Just a quick housekeeping note while I have this open - I will keep all updates for a day in a single message so as not to flood the board.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2017-09-13 at 11:17 PM.

From Instagram (if you search SWF as a location) I have seen the Kuwait 747-8 and Sky Prime A340-200 are already parked at SWF.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600 View Post
    From Instagram (if you search SWF as a location) I have seen the Kuwait 747-8 and Sky Prime A340-200 are already parked at SWF.
    Yes. Skyprime came back to SWF around 6pm last night
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

So...with current geopolitical tensions the way they are, I feel it is incumbent upon the DPRK to send their leader on "Air Force Un", the Il-62 painted in the Gov't colors(not the Koryo livery) so that this crisis can be addressed. And, so we can photograph it

I said the same thing a few years ago but hey it don't hurt to put that wish out there...

Hi,
    Any idea if POTUS will arrive with AF1 to JFK and do the Wall St thing?
    i see TFR's in BEDMINSTER, New Jersey but nothing for JFK,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emk1219 View Post
    Hi,
    Any idea if POTUS will arrive with AF1 to JFK and do the Wall St thing?
    i see TFR's in BEDMINSTER, New Jersey but nothing for JFK
    He is in Bedminster for the Weekend but not sure when he is going to the UN.
    His schedule puts him at Andrews AFB for the air show and practice of Thunderbirds then depart to NJ with a 5:20ish arrival.
    Does he use Morristown or Newark when he flies into NJ?

The TFR has now been revised to remove the Sunday evening departure freeze from Morristown, so it looks like he'll be heading straight from the golf course to Manhattan (almost certainly Wall Street) sometime late Sunday.

On trips straight to Bedminster this summer, the usual practice has been to fly the C-32 straight to Morristown, then the VH-3/MV-22 helicade to Somerset before going the last mile or two by land.

Based on the timing of the TFRs, the only AF1 movement at Kennedy this week might be a Thursday afternoon pickup.

One of the Qatar 332s was in and out of JFK yesterday morning, and one of the Qatar Globals arrived there last night. Not sure if it's still around. The El Al 763 4X-EAR is inbound from Mexico City as ELY34. Should arrive in the mid-3:00 hour.

1300: Another V-22 practice happening at Wall Street right now

Thanks, Sergio. The Gainjet SX-RFA originated in Baghdad (and went Jeddah-Dublin-JFK-Stewart). If it was carrying the Iraq delegation, then there might not be an Iraqi Airways 777 this year. The Qatar 342 A7-HHK is between the Open Skies 752 and the Air France 380, so expect it also in the latter half of the 3:00 hour.

1530: E190 VP-CCC is in the descent over Lake George. This is pretty far north and pretty far west, so my guess for this one is White Plains, though Newark is also a possibility. [EDIT: Newark; arriving 1605.] It came off of Shannon and originated somewhere in the Middle East. Helpful, I know. Using reg as callsign, so no clues there.
    1545: Both Qatar and El Al have arrived 31L.
    1610: The two Jordan G650s, VQ-BMZ and VQ-BNZ (RJA950 and 954) are just over southern Nova Scotia at FL430. These have been known to go to LGA in the past, but anything is possible, including a stop first in Washington where the King has extensive ties. [1710: The first Jordanian just arriving LGA 22; the second one is on the same track about 10 minutes behind]
    1635: Turkey G550 TC-CBK as TRK5 at FL430 near Boston. [now in the descent; looks on a good track for JFK - right behind the TK 777, so expect around 1720. 1710: on final for 31L at JFK.] [UPDATE: Was a drop-and-go; back out over Nova Scotia, so it left early in the 1900 hour]
    1645: The Bahrain 744 A9C-HAK (former A6-YAS) as BAH2 is off Dulles and heading this way. If it's coming to JFK, it'll be in about 25 minutes. [update: Nooooope. Climbed to FL340 over central NJ]
    1700: AF1 (C-32 09-0016) is inbound Morristown. A McGuire KC-10 is overhead for the CAP.
    1715: Not UN-related, but still a rarity - AA has an MD-83 inbound JFK on an 9000-series flight number (so non-revenue). Due just after 7. Wonder if anyone on the ground crew even knows how to work a "Super" 80.
    1730: Czech 319 2801/CEF05D off Dulles and going north. Not on a New York track, but one to remember that it's over here.
    1745: Qatar 342 has departed heading SW. Probably Dulles, but we'll find out soon enough. [Yeah, Dulles.]
    2245: The Qatar 748 A7-HHE was in at some point, but has now departed and is just touching down at Dulles.

Both tomorrow and Sunday looking warm and muggy, partly cloudy, and winds coming from the east half, so expect action primarily on the 13s :(

Also have a news report that the Zimbabwe delegation is departing Harare tomorrow. They often arrive first thing in the morning, so heads up for Sunday's dawn patrol.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2017-09-15 at 10:43 PM.