Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UN Week - 2017

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Wednesday -
    0850: One of the Jordan G650s (VQ-BNZ) went out to Appleton to get some love at the Gulfstream facility there and is now on its way back to LGA. Should be about 20 minutes out.
    1230: Nothing new to report; would expect a few departures tonight and a big wave of departures tomorrow. Gerard, the TFR is up through Thursday at 8:15pm, so I would expect a POTUS departure early evening tomorrow.
    1315: An Azerbaijan G650 4K-AZ88 as AHY8585 is descending for Teterboro. ETA a little after 1330. The Slovakia is also coming back to JFK and should be here in about 15 minutes. JFK arriving on the 31s.
    1350: Brazil 319 returning to JFK. Monaco F7X departing TEB. Au revoir, His Serene Highness Prince Albert II!
    1400: Czech 319 coming back to JFK [err, no. Northeast-bound at altitude], so we'll give them the red. Na shledanou, President Zeman!
    1420: Quick PSA for anyone going to the airport this weekend - Bombardier's AirTrain will be TOTALLY SHUT DOWN from Friday night to Monday morning.
    1450: The Iran A340 is coming up the coast for JFK. ETA 15 minutes. Brazil E190 also coming back to JFK.
    1540: RAF A330 just off Dulles; should be at JFK in 30-odd minutes.
    1620: Colombia BBJ on final for JFK. It's coming from Boston (where their President, a Harvard alum, was receiving an award), so it must have gone DOV-JFK-BOS at some point overnight. The Slovak 319 has departed so do videnia, President Kiska! Also have the Azerbaijan 346 coming down from Stewart.
    1655: I-TALY, which must belong to Mongolia or something, is making the hop from McGuire back to JFK.
    1740: Brazil taxiing for departure, tchau President Temer! Iran taxiing for departure, khoda hafez, President Rouhani! Sweden G550 out of Teterboro, but they haven't spoken yet, so I'll hold off on the goodbye. Also have Royaljet 3 A6-AIN coming back from IAD.
    1815: A343 M-IABU coming back from Dover, so I guess Usmanov lent it to some country for the week.
    2000: Azerbaijan A346 out, Görüşənədək yada yada yada; Mali just left White Plains, but only climbed to 5K, so it's probably coming across the Throgs Neck to Queens.
    2020: UK A330 out, cheerio PM May! A6-AIN also departed, for whoever it was shuttling around this week.
    2040: Kuwait 345 back to JFK from Stewart.
    2200: Au revoir, President Macron! The France A330 and F7X have both departed JFK.
    2222: M-IABU has departed with reg as callsign, so no help there.
    2359: The Kuwait 345 departed. Doesn't get the full goodbye because the 748 is still here with whatever principal they still have around.

Today's speaker list: Finland, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, Guyana, Bosnia, Panama, Rwanda, Ukraine, Paraguay, Iran, Bulgaria, Cote d'Ivoire, Palestine, Portugal, Japan, Netherlands, UK, Italy, Ecuador, Argentina, Rep-Congo, Chile, Latvia, South Africa, Namibia, Montenegro, Romania, Malawi, Madagascar, Senegal, Swaziland, Libya, Nauru, Burma, Kuwait, Norway, Fiji. Everybody still a Head of State/Head of Government except for Burma, whose VP I think was a late sub for ASSK who had to stay home and oversee some ethnic cleansing (ironic, eh?) after the schedule was set.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2017-09-20 at 11:59 PM.

When is President Trump leaving NYC?

Thursday -
    0915: Colombia BBJ has departed. Adios, President Santos! Nigeria BBJ has departed, Jippu jam, President Buhari! Jordan G650 VQ-BMZ (the other one) also returned to LGA this morning after some time at Appleton.
    1030: Honduras Legacy departing JFK, adios President Hernandez!
    1100: Jordan VQ-BMZ departing LGA. It's going southwest.
    1115: There goes the Egypt 342. Ma'a salama, President Sisi!
    1130: Update from last night, A343 M-IABU went to Tashkent, so it looks like it was opf Uzbekistan. Still poking around, the ROJ3 trip started and ended in Amman, so possibly the Palestine delegation?
    1145: Lebanon/MEA A330 on its way back from SWF to JFK. Qatar Amiri 320 A7-MBK southwest-bound over Maine. If it's JFK, it will be about an hour [nope, still at altitude over Connecticut and going to Dulles.] BBJ VP-CZW went to Newark over the weekend, went up to Stewart, and is now headed back to Newark. FAC1209, the Colombia 734 has departed Stewart and is headed back south.
    1215: The Azerbaijan G650 is filed out of TEB at 1610.
    1255: P4-BBJ (opf Gabon) coming back to JFK. Qatar A342 A7-HHK departed Dulles, stopped climb at 17K and is now near Atlantic City, which makes a JFK arrival in 20 minutes probable.
    1400: The Korea 744 is coming up from Dulles. ETA 30 minutes. I should have set up a Trello board or something to keep track of everyone.
    1450: HMX-1 helicade arriving at Wall Street. Qatar Global A7-CEE as QQE222 departed Dulles, stopped climb at 17K and is now near Atlantic City, which makes a JFK arrival in 20 minutes probable.
    1510: Qatar 748 A7-HHE departed Dulles, stopped climb at 17K and is pointed towards Atlantic City, which makes a JFK arrival in 30 minutes probable.
    1530: Lebanon A330 departing, ma'a salama, President Aoun! The other Jordan G650 VQ-BNZ must have gone to Andrews at some point between yesterday morning and right now because it's climbing off ADW and heading northeast. It's at altitude, so not coming here.
    1550: A319 G-NOAH was at Stewart and is now repositioning to JFK, so it might have been carrying a delegation?
    1620: Ivory Coast 319 from Stewart to Newark. Kuwait 739 9K-GCC as KUG95 descending over the Hudson Valley. Going through 8,000 near Poughkeepsie, so let's say Stewart. Qatar 342 -HHK departed JFK.
    1640: HMX-1 lifting off Wall Street, which I guess counts as a goodbye United States? Turkey 345 off Stewart for JFK with the 332 just behind. One of the Japan 747s pinging on the ground at Dulles.
    1700: Canada's CANFORCE 1 departs TEB. Goodbye AND au revoir, PM Trudeau! But please bring the A310 sometime.
    1710: Qatar Global -CEE departed JFK, Azerbaijan G650 4K-AI88 departed TEB, and Japan 20-1102 departed Dulles. You get three guesses on its route and cruising altitude, but you won't need the other two.
    1750: One for the black text! A320 CS-TFY for the DRCongo about 10 minutes out for JFK. Sadly, no 707 or 727 for them this year. Vistajet Global 9H-VJH opf Zambia departed TEB (Goodbye, President Lungu), and just as the first Japan 744 touches down at JFK, the other one lifts off IAD. G-NOAH is also departing JFK. Can't give them a goodbye, since I don't know who they're flying for.
    1810: Senegal: SWF>JFK
    1850: Qatar 748 departing, ma'a salama, Sheikh Tamim.
    1910: TU-VAS, el va - Cote d'Ivoire 319 departs Newark, Au revoir President Ouattara.
    2030: CS-TFY, now as LMJ142Y since the Congolese aren't onboard, repositioning Stewart. A7-AAH, the Qatar A343 on final for JFK. Might have come up from Dulles. Germany's A343 16+02 is holding off the Jersey Shore, because when you've lost two wars to us, sometimes you don't get priority anymore. Poland's G550 0002 arrived Teterboro. And Qatar Global A7-CED as QQE280 departed EWR and is heading towards the Atlantic.
    2120: Good news, the Turkey A345 and A332 have departed and protesters in the US can breathe a sigh of relief. Allaha ısmarladık! (Looks like I was wrong about the protesters being relieved.)
    2140: The Comlux 762 P4-CLA opf Rep-Congo has departed. Au revoir, President Sassou Nguesso! Japan Force Ichiban 22-1102 has also departed. Sayonara, PM Abe!
    2200: Must be time for pairs skate. Japan Force Ni (2) departing. The Senegal is also pinging on the ground, so I'll save some time and give a pre-emptive Ba beneen, President Sall.
    2315: Qatar A343 gone.
    2335: Germany headed for the ausgang. Auf weidersehen, Vice-Chancellor Gabriel!

Today's speaker list: Serbia, Haiti, Korea, Lebanon, Cyprus, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Gabon, Yemen, Seychelles, Botswana, Croatia, Canada, Samoa, Slovenia, Iraq, Germany, Russia, China, Mexico, El Salvador, Comoros, Palau, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tome, Zimbabwe, Indonesia, Jordan, Georgia, Tuvalu, Antigua and Barbuda, Pakistan, Mauritius, Bangladesh, Vanuatu, Guinea-Bissau, Togo, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Spain, Luxembourg, Denmark. Mix of leaders, VPs, and ministers.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2017-09-21 at 11:38 PM.

Mateo I wanted to personally say 'thank you' for all your work to post these updates, for the last of us that don't have a smartphone yet(yours truly) these have been very informative connecting registrations with the delegations

Had a great time this week and it was great seeing everyone

William

Mateo ... I'd like to echo Williams comments as well. It takes a lot of work and time to keep all those updates flowing. Thank you so much for keeping all those UN spotters and me informed. It's greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

William ... It was nice seeing you and catching up. Safe trip back home.

Once I off load all my cards I'll post my grabs from this years UN Week.

Mark
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Two little gems for JFK this morning:

STD0800 LT RAU001 GLF5 5X-UGF Uganda Government
    STD1000 LT PPF2 GLF4 Pakistan Government

Both heading to London-Luton.

Friday!
    You're welcome. The various flight tracking sites have made this quite a bit easier in recent years. Not too long ago, I would have been pegged to LiveATC with an earphone, and if I got up from the desk for 5 minutes, something could slip by. Now, I set something like a 200 mile radius, glance over every 20 minutes or so, and see what's new. In any case, I'm always happy to contribute to this great community. Onwards!
    0945: Ukraine 319 arriving back at JFK from Dover. The Uganda did indeed depart a little before 8 this morning, so goodbye President Musaveni!
    1045: The Pakistan G450 finally left. Khuda hafiz, PM Abbasi!
    1200: TC-CBK, the Turkey G550 as TRK20 is descending near Albany. Went to Stewart.
    1315: A7-CGC a Qatar Executive G650, departed JFK, as did the Ukraine 319. Do pobachenya, President Poroshenko! (The Ukraine is heading for Toronto to meet with PM Trudeau). Also have the Royal/Swazi doing the JFK reposition. From yesterday, the G-NOAH did its New York trip to/from Malaga, so I'll assume it was really some leader with a beach house in Marbella.
    1420: Russia IL-96 RA-96023 just off Dulles. To JFK in about 30 minutes.
    1545: The Ceiba 77L CS-TQX arrived EWR. Had been at Dulles.
    1700: Estimated departure for that Russia is about 3 minutes after I leave the office. Guaranteed.
    1740: Aha! I had a feeling it was somewhere around, but it usually comes in pre-dawn and I just didn't catch it - Chile's 763 985 doing the SWF>JFK. [Update: Yeah, it arrived Wednesday morning just before 5am, and did the Stewart repo around 7am.]
    1800: Kuwaiti 739 coming down from Stewart. Ceiba 77L off and out from Newark. Goodbye Equatorial Guinea!
    1805: Poland G550 0002 as PLF106 departed Teterboro, do widzenia, President Duda (who apparently wasn't traded to Tampa Bay)!
    1840: The Swazi taxiing out, and the Russian doesn't matter anymore because there won't be any light left by the time it leaves :(
    2245: I was wrong about the Russia Il-96. It departed 15 minutes after I left the office... but I was still in Battery Park, and I bagged it, tagged it, sold it to to the butcher in the store! Da svizdanya, FM Lavrov. Please treat our democracy well. The Burkina Faso 727 left Newark, Chile 763, Kuwait 739 and Qatar Amiri 320 A7-MBK from JFK, Qatar Executive G650 A7-CGB left TEB, Royaljet 3/A6-AIN just left JFK.
    2345: And whoever hired B762 N767KS has now departed JFK. And one that I missed - the Ecuador Legacy repoed to McGuire from LaGuardia on Monday night.
    2359+6: Brazil's Legacy 2584 as BRS67 departed.

Today's speaker list: Cameroon, Kiribati, Central African Republic, Moldova, Belgium, Bhutan, Albania, Malta, Cape Verde, Vietnam, St. Lucia, Cuba, Tunisia, Thailand, Australia, Hungary, Algeria, Kenya, Iceland, Sweden, Tonga, Solomon Islands, Macedonia, Ethiopia, Andorra, Somalia, Lesotho, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Cambodia, Belize, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Greece, Barbados, UAE, Mongolia, Benin, Brunei, Malaysia, Sierra Leone.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2017-09-23 at 12:07 AM.

Here are a few UN visitors from last week. Still plenty to go through.

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I went to JFK yesterday and only caught the tail end of the UN week.

Not sure what the helicopter and V-22 were ferrying.
    Last edited by JZ; 2017-09-23 at 05:46 PM.

Saturday -
    1300: As expected, really not a whole lot out there. HZ-NSA went Stewart-Newark and is filed on to Andrews a little later on. Turkey G550 TC-CBK just departed from JFK. It's heading southwest, presumably to find some more protesters to beat up. The Jordanian Gulfs are both gone - one to Los Angeles, the other back home. One of the Qatar 748s (HBJ) also appears to be in Los Angeles. Ethiopian ET-ALJ is pinging on the ground at Dulles so probably ready to come back to Newark.

1330: As far as I can tell, this is what remains:
    Stewart: UAE B789 A6-PFE, Zimbabwe B762 Z-WPE, Libya A332 5A-ONR, opf DRCongo A320 CS-TFY, Kuwait B748 9K-GAA
    McGuire: Ecuador ER4 FAE-051

Sunday -
    The Ethiopia and Namibia did indeed leave Newark earlier this morning around those times posted below. The Ecuador Legacy came up to LGA around 1215 and Zimbabwe departed JFK around 1230. The Turkish Gulf from yesterday wound up going to Dulles and then back home.
    2130: The Afriqiyah 330 is just arriving at JFK from Stewart but not before it had to do a couple turns in the hold at Calverton. The UAE 789 left straight from Stewart about an hour ago. The Limojet/DRCongo left JFK during the afternoon.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2017-09-24 at 10:17 PM.

KTEB

STD1000 V5-GON FA7X Namibia Government

KEWR

STD0800 ET-ALJ B763 Ethiopian

Afriqiyah departing JFK right now, Monday 12:10am
    @12:40am FR24 still saying JFK-SWF but heading NE at altitude (37000 ft over Maine) so he's obviously going away from the area and will soon be over the Atlantic.
    Last edited by MarioFL; 2017-09-25 at 12:54 AM.

Tuesday -
    VP-CAL came back last night to pick up the Cameroon delegation and then left just after 8pm. Qatar Amiri 332 A7-HJJ was also in and out.
    The Kuwait 748 came down from Stewart around 5 yesterday, sat overnight, and then departed just after 2pm today.

And with that, UN Week is officially gaveled CLOSED!

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

The date trips forward next year and resets to September 25th as the opening of debate.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2017-09-26 at 04:48 PM.

Well I finally finished editing everything. All the shots are visible here: https://www.dropshots.com/lensjet but some of the highlights are shown below

Those shots of the Afriqiyah A330 and Italian Air Force A340 are just great!!