Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UN Week - 2017

I only got 2 new State/Military Aircraft for this UNGA2017.
    The Turkish A340-500 was nice addition for me but the highlight for me was the Azerbaijan Government GLF6 in full Azerbaijan Airline Colors. It will definitely be a nice addition to my collection of State/Military Bizjets. Unfortunately there are more and more of these corporate charters "Flying Winnebagos" plaguing the event and really diluting the potential for State Aircraft.

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2017-09-30 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks Anton!

Senga I totally agree with you but you know that the scheme on M-IABU is amazing looking!

megatop412,
    I am probably the only enthusiast that dislikes that livery. I think its ugly as sin :) But then again I have never been a fan of "Corporate Winnebago" Liveries that are plaguing the airports these days.

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2017-10-01 at 02:08 PM.

It was great to meet people from as far away as Japan, France and Belgium, plus all the awesome US/local photographers. Thanks for the great company guys!
    Yes that Afriqiyah was awesome for sure William! Yea Senga I don't even bother with generic bizjets even if they're special flights but we all have different tastes, the Russian A340 is one of the few biz airliners I'd go out of my way for, love the brown colors. Normally i hate the curvy modern paintscheme trend and they all copying each other's garbage liveries (about 10 have since copied El Al's 1999 one). But to me M-IABU is one of the few worth shooting. It took me a while to get used to the blue wavy Azerbaijan one.. but now I dig it.

anybody remember when tower asked him a question (i think it was what country M-IABU was flying for), pilot replied: R E P U B L I C OF U Z B E K I S T AN
    Last edited by MarioFL; 2017-10-03 at 06:27 PM.

Mario, I can see why the Russian A340 is a wow plane to a lot of people. It does have that "In your face" paintjob. Its like eye candy. :) I have so many of those things now- they all start to melt into one big mass of abstract curves and lines and meaningless shots. After a while you get some many of them and you start to ask yourself why am I shooting these "Corporate Winnebagos?" A few years ago these things started cropping up like weeds. These days (with a few exceptions) I just let them pass. There are so many of them flying around now they have little value. However I do make allowances for classic Corporate airliners like DC-9s 727s, 737-200s etc etc but those are pretty much gone now. Many of the older corporate and chartered airliners had pretty decent liveries on them.

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2017-10-03 at 11:51 PM.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    M-IABU is owned by Alisher Usmanov, a name that will be familiar to many soccer fans as a 30% owner of Arsenal (COYG!). He's a Russian billionaire, but was born in Uzbekistan and is ethnically Uzbek. Hoping it comes back in future years.

M-IABU

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Beautiful shot of the Uzbek on the ramp, Mark- there's like zero noise in that shot!

The A340 classic reminds me of a 707 in that view flying away from the camera, sort of vintage military bomber look. No twin or trijet comes close to looking this good from that angle! Even more on this one since it has substance/dark color on the fuselage, unlike most A340s that are boring white.

Zoom in at the tires on your shots. Did they put that glossy wet stuff they put on cars ??? Engines: spotless. Tires: glossy - Show plane.

How fortunate were we that the sun peaked through briefly to get him in good light. Within a few minutes I had to leave to the airport to catch my flight (would have def. missed it it weren't for a ride by two fellow photographers - Keith, Paul are awesome). I think I was the last to arrive at the gate, then got assigned the exit row seat (uh-oh...) Ominous feeling finally went away after I started to enjoy the view of all the planes around. Soon after we started taxxing I got to see the Russian A340 beauty strutting her stuff AGAIN There it is at the long JFK conga line! And gives me one last show before we both depart.

Phone pic at 8pm. Should I attempt to send it to jetpoop.net? check out the zero noise The best - For last.