Thread: Maxwell Air Force Base Open House - 4/8/2017

Maxwell Air Force Base Open House - 4/8/2017

Maxwell AFB in Montgomery AL held its first air show in 7 years. While an air show featuring the Thunderbirds wouldn't necessarily get me to drive 6 hours, the addition of the Patrouille de France was enough to get me to jump in the car and brave Atlanta traffic. The PAF was last in the US in 1986, and I have never seen them perform. Weather turned out to be just about perfect, only trouble was shooting into the sun all afternoon...

The crew of the Airbus A400M that accompanied the team also showed off a few tricks.

We had a B-2 makes a flyover.

The USAF Thunderbirds closed out the show.

The 187th Fighter Wing of the Alabama Air National Guard is based out of Montgomery. To honor the heritage of the Tuskegee Airmen, one of their original squadron designations, the 100th Fighter Squadron, was reactivated and assigned to Montgomery. Here, one of their "Red Tail" F-16s flies formation with a restored P-51 Mustang, painted to match the original Red Tails of Tuskegee.

Stay tuned for more as I work my way through my photos. We also had a USAF F-35 make a fly by, a number of civilian aerobatic performers, and some interesting static displays, including an F-22, F-35, an RAF Typhoon, a C-17 out of Stewart, and a C-5M.

Wow Moose - incredible stuff!! LOVE the Vampire!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Great shots, Moose !!