Thread: 22L/4R Closure 2017

22L/4R Closure 2017

I apologize if this has already been reported(didn't see it when I searched) but I figured this crowd would want to know.

http://flightservicebureau.org/jfk-r...or-the-summer/

Maybe they'll send stuff in 22R/4L? Did they do that when the parallel was closed a few years ago? Hopefully it means we'll get some VIP's at Panera in September...

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    I hope the closure means we get a break from the dreaded 22/13 split for a while. Unless of course they do a 22R/13L split.
    -Don B.

Closures create unique situations for spotters, but hassle for travelers when it comes to delays.

I will look into planned configurations, but if they really need to use 22R, they definitely will.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    I apologize if this has already been reported(didn't see it when I searched) but I figured this crowd would want to know.

http://flightservicebureau.org/jfk-r...or-the-summer/

Maybe they'll send stuff in 22R/4L? Did they do that when the parallel was closed a few years ago? Hopefully it means we'll get some VIP's at Panera in September...
    Runway work will be done before the unga. Will probably see a lot of straight 13s and 31s in spring and in the summer back to usual configurations.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by davidxian View Post
    Runway work will be done before the unga. Will probably see a lot of straight 13s and 31s in spring and in the summer back to usual configurations.
    The runway work will "pause" for the summer travel peak with only nighttime closures between June 1 and Labor Day. The runway will then fully close again between Labor Day and Thanksgiving, including during UN week.