Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Angels at NY Airshow

So, any reviews, thoughts, complaints about the show? Followed it on FB and Sunday looked to be the better of the two days.
    Thanks

Great pics Woz, especially that first one of the Blues Diamond!
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    So, any reviews, thoughts, complaints about the show? Followed it on FB and Sunday looked to be the better of the two days.
    Thanks
    Some some complaints on FB about parking, that seems to be their biggest hurdle since they started.
    Glenn

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Some some complaints on FB about parking, that seems to be their biggest hurdle since they started.
    It's one of those rules about airshows. The parking will move quickly or the security will move quickly, but never both*. I didn't go to either day because I wasn't going to pay $40 for admission plus parking for what was in reality one of the smaller shows on the calendar.

[*Except McGuire, where the answer is always neither]
    Last edited by Mateo; 2017-07-11 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    It's one of those rules about airshows. The parking will move quickly or the security will move quickly, but never both*. I didn't go to either day because I wasn't going to pay $40 for admission plus parking for what was in reality one of the smaller shows on the calendar.

[*Except McGuire, where the answer is always neither]
    Thanks guys. The whole money making atmosphere of the whole show kinda turns me off. I'm going to A/C for Thunder and hopefully to Andrews in September. Yes I'm spending $$$ on gas and hotel and but for me that's money well spent and A/C staying two night and DC 3 nights, mini vacations for me.

Awful news. The USMC KC-130 that crashed in Mississippi yesterday afternoon killing all souls on board was based out of Stewart AFB in Newburgh. Thoughts and prayers to those service members.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Thanks guys. The whole money making atmosphere of the whole show kinda turns me off. I'm going to A/C for Thunder and hopefully to Andrews in September. Yes I'm spending $$$ on gas and hotel and but for me that's money well spent and A/C staying two night and DC 3 nights, mini vacations for me.
    The guy who runs this one also owns the airshows at Fort Lauderdale, Ocean City, Melbourne FL, and Atlanta. Unlike the military-sponsored shows, this is a straight profit-making entity. I'd love to know how the finances work regarding the Blues or other military assets participating.

Awful news. The USMC KC-130 that crashed in Mississippi yesterday afternoon killing all souls on board was based out of Stewart AFB in Newburgh. Thoughts and prayers to those service members.
    That was sad
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    The guy who runs this one also owns the airshows at Fort Lauderdale, Ocean City, Melbourne FL, and Atlanta. Unlike the military-sponsored shows, this is a straight profit-making entity. I'd love to know how the finances work regarding the Blues or other military assets participating.
    I wonder how it works too. I looked through the Blues manual and unless i'm misreading it looks like the show promoter has to the supply fuel, smoke oil, hotel rooms for the team, as well as all the rental cars. If that's the case and without a big sponsor to pick up the bill that adds up.
    Glenn