Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Patroulle De France" French Demo Team USA Tour New York Flyover March 25th

The "Patroulle De France" French Demo Team USA Tour New York Flyover March 25th

THE "PATROULLE DE FRANCE" FRENCH MILITARY DEMO TEAM US TOUR Schedule has been posted. The tour will include 2 events in New York.

March 25th: Statue of Liberty Flyby, New York - 10 Alpha Jets + 1 A400.
    April 22nd-23rd: Airshow at Stewart ANG Base, NY = Static 10 Alpha Jets + 1 A400 | AIRSHOW: 8 Alpha Jets.

They put on an out standing display. Colored Smoke. Check them out!

Patrouille De France will Arrive at Stewart (SWF) Thursday at 1130 Am Local March 23, 2017...

http://www.recordonline.com/news/201...ver-at-stewart

What time for the flyover of the Statue of Liberty?

12:00pm.

Still on even with the overcast weather?

Did they fly?

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Did they fly?
    Yep, came down the river bang on 12:00; the A400 in the lead with the back ramp open trailed by 8 Alphas. Smoke on as they passed the South Cove, over the Lady, and then looped around the VZ to come back north again. The northbound pass was right on the Manhattan shoreline.

Not sure if the other 2 Alphas were in a standoff position for side-on views or if they're still stranded in Bagotville, but I didn't see them. Didn't see the Falcon either, which was a slight disappointment.

Weather was a foggy misty mess, so the pictures are going to be crap. The flyby was being broadcast live on TV in France, so they were going one way or another.

[EDIT: Apparently, the Falcon was to provide SAR support in case of an overwater ejection, so it may have only accompanied for the Atlantic crossing.]
    Last edited by Mateo; 2017-03-25 at 10:10 PM.

I was only able to catch some of their smoke trail on the Statue of Liberty Earthcam at noon,
    but I just found this short video of what it looked like with them flying down the Hudson.

Some cool shots of the flyover posted on the PAF team's twitter page also:

Went out to Liberty State Park for this flyover. To say the least, their flyby was really impressive. It was the hazy conditions that really made them hard to shoot.

The A400M Atlas (F-RBAH) that was leading had photographers onboard. Them shots they took are amazing.

[IMG]Airbus A400M Atlas - F-RBAH - French Air Force (Armee de' Lair) - and - Dornier Alpha Jet - Patrouille de France - 2017 PDF NYC Flyover by Majd Bostani, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here's a shot of the A400M itself. It flew under the callsign of ATHOS1 , which was different from the COTAM I expected. It was my first time capturing one of these, and I must say they look and sound really weird. It looks like a C-2, a C-17, and a C-130 had a child.

[IMG]Airbus A400M Atlas - F-RBAH - French Air Force (Armee de' Lair) - 2017 PDF NYC Flyover by Majd Bostani, on Flickr[/IMG]

The 8 Dassault/Dornier Alpha Jets of the Patrouille de France. I wonder where the three others that made the trip are.

[IMG]Dornier Alpha Jet - Patrouille de France - French Air Force (Armee de Lair) - 2017 PDF NYC Flyover by Majd Bostani, on Flickr[/IMG]

The jets had one of the best smoke systems I have ever seen. The flying French flag remained visible for at least 10 minutes after the flyby.

[IMG]Dornier Alpha Jet - Patrouille de France - French Air Force (Armee de Lair) - 2017 PDF NYC Flyover by Majd Bostani, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by TriStatePlaneSpotting; 2017-03-26 at 06:16 PM.

Nice shots of lower Manhattan and Miss Liberty!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I was at Liberty State Park for the flyover. Really bad weather and light. These are the better ones from my crappy pictures.

Those are crappy pictures? Look good to me!!

Ah, these are the pictures that I dare to post here. I have to hide the others and deny that I have ever taken them.

So did anyone get any pics up at SWF? Does anyone know who attended the 'private' airshow, or was there not one?

I would have really loved to see them at Jones Beach. If only their US Tour was later. Seems only right since we had to give up the 'Birds in 2011 for their European tour.

(I wonder how many NY'ers looked up and said "Hey the Thunderbirds!)
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website