Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Jones Beach/Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air Show

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    And the second sneak pass really got everyone around me!
    Yes that was the one. Super fast and Super LOUD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Two years ago they didn't come in until late in the afternoon on Thursday around 4PM. And from what my weather sources tell me including the very reliable "Angry Bens Angry Weather" on Facebook,(shameless plug for a friend lol) it should be much better by Friday afternoon.
    Angry Ben is awesome!
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    From MacArthur Airport.
    Thanks Fred. That was the first place I looked in case they did another public viewing before they leave. Couldn't find the post.

Nice pics as usual.

How was the crowd at the beach yesterday? I went over to Wantagh Park after the Fleet Week Fly In at Eisenhower Park and watched the show from the shoreline there!! A different perspective but wasnt so bad. They flew right overe us as they came in for their entrance and we had a number of fly overs during the course of the show!! Also I had my mini-binocs which helped. Cloud cover forced a low show but from the park it also seemed to generate more Thunder. I did notice when I drove into the Park that the entrance to the SB Wantagh was open. There were two State trucks parked on the side I guess to close off if necessary but they just sat there. Was wondering if I had decided to head down to the beach, how far would I get? Would I be able to pull over and park on the grass to watch?
    Thanks all, have a great Sunday!!

Anyone Know what time the Thunderbirds take off from Islip for the 4 pm demo at the beach?

Ken

Crowds not terrible yesterday. I guess overcast and chilly weather kept them away...I did see some cars parked on side of ocean pkwy. That said, I left after the Thunderbirds finished, and between packing up walking to my car (in back of field 4 lot), we were home (Massapequa) in maybe an hour...traffic not bad at all....dunno bout today...want to go to islip today

ken

Quote Originally Posted by gettysburgerrn View Post
    Crowds not terrible yesterday. I guess overcast and chilly weather kept them away...I did see some cars parked on side of ocean pkwy. That said, I left after the Thunderbirds finished, and between packing up walking to my car (in back of field 4 lot), we were home (Massapequa) in maybe an hour...traffic not bad at all....dunno bout today...want to go to islip today
    Thanks and I hear they leave sometime after 3:30

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Doubtful we'll see the show but curious is there is a real benefit to seeing at Islip. Tough viewing,no?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Here's a look at the action around the American Airpower Museum on Friday and Saturday.

Bill Evans of WABC-7 was on the air live from the museum a number of times on Friday.

NYPD made a fly over on Saturday morning.

Yankee Lady heads out for a flight.

AAM's C-47 departs while Sean Tucker waits to head to the beach.

Hung out at the Plaza by Stew Leonards today and was fortunate to catch the whole Warbird Flight of 5 as they headed down to the beach. Then when they came back they all did FlyBys before they landed. Also got to see the B-17 Yankee Lady depart and return.
    The Warrior Team headed home after the came back to Republic but treated us to a high speed flyby when they returned from the beach. So did the Screaming Sasquatch, all smoke and noise lol!
    Speaking of the beach, just for the heck of it, I drove down there around 3:30. No traffic at all and the Tbirds actually came on early at 4:52. They were, of course, pretty strict about parking on the shoulders but I was able to do that a few times before getting chased and driving slowly in the right lane I got
    to see most of the show. Many others were doiung the same!!
    I was surprised how much of a good time I had at Republic today but I have to wonder how many people had no idea that the Tbirds were not there and
    would not be flying past!! From reading comments sections on different stories about the show on social media apparentl there were quite a few!!
    Oh well another Jones Beach Air Show comes to an end!! I have a few more planned as the Summer arrives!! And that cant be soon enough!! Once the sun left it got quite chilly out!!

Thunderbird came back early, fly in around 4:30ish. Sounded like they left an hour or so later but didn't see if it was them.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Thunderbird came back early, fly in around 4:30ish. Sounded like they left an hour or so later but didn't see if it was them.
    Yes they did the full show but started earlier than the 4:00 start time. Back in 2009 when the Thunderbirds last stayed at Republic they didnt leave till Monday!! That was pretty cool. Even got to see their C-17 land and takeoff on Runway 1. Very impressive. When I went back to Republic all the civilan performer had packed and left. The Warrior Team left around 2PM. Did get to see the visiting Grumman Avenger head out around 5:15. Anyone know where they came from? The B-17 is still there. Not sure when they are leaving but all flight operations have been cancelled today because of the weather. This from the AAM Facebook page!!

The Avenger was out of White Plains. He took it home and came back with a Yak. The B-17 usually leaves on Tuesday. If the weather improves, they do plan to fly it today.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    The Avenger was out of White Plains. He took it home and came back with a Yak. The B-17 usually leaves on Tuesday. If the weather improves, they do plan to fly it today.
    Thank you!!! Looks like the rain is gone but still pretty cloudy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Looks like the rain is gone but still pretty cloudy!!
    Of course a half hour later I go out with my wife and we were on 110 not far from the airport and it started pouring out!! Yeah I'm no Bill Evans lol