2017 Jones Beach/Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air Show

http://bethpageairshow.com/

Saturday May 27th and Sunday May 28th from 12 P.M. – 5 P.M

USAF Thunderbirds

Geico Skytypers

Sean Tucker & Team Oracle

US Army Golden Knights
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Fingers crossed for an A-10 Heritage Flight!
    Glenn

Heard a rumor Thunderbird 8 was at KFRG yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    Heard a rumor Thunderbird 8 was at KFRG yesterday
    Now THAT is a helluva rumor because if its true that means we get the TBirds at FRG
    Right?
    Anyone hear or see?

That would be awesome if they are going to be based out of Republic! Looked on Twitter and Facebook but just found that #8 was conducting site visits, no specific locations.
    Glenn

I wouldn't hold out hope that the Thunderbirds will use Republic. I would bet on McArthur and then JFK. The runways at Republic are to short for the Thunderbirds to use.

If # 8 did indeed come in, and I can't confirm the rumor then it was just a one time thing for the site visit.

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    I wouldn't hold out hope that the Thunderbirds will use Republic. I would bet on McArthur and then JFK. The runways at Republic are to short for the Thunderbirds to use.
    If # 8 did indeed come in, and I can't confirm the rumor then it was just a one time thing for the site visit.
    It would be nice!! It was 2009 when they last used FRG.
    Last years show with the Angels, Snowbirds and the Breitling Team all staged at FRG will be hard to surpass!!
    Last edited by Gerard; 2017-02-02 at 10:29 AM.

FYI the Thunderbirds will be doing the FlyOver for the Super Bowl this Sunday!! Hopefully clear skies and multiple camera angles lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    It would be nice!! It was 2009 when they last used FRG.
    Last years show with the Angels, Snowbirds and the Breitling Team all staged at FRG will be hard ro surpass!!
    Agreed, last year was awesome!
    Glenn

Also just saw added performers on the shows website:

10th Rescue Wing
    AAM warbirds
    David Windmill er
    Matt Chapman
    John Katt and Screamin Sasquatch
    Glenn

Hhmmm... I know this is our hometown airshow and I'll support it but, they really need to start and mix it up a little bit. They're basically re-running the 2015 show sans the Breitling Team. (Or for that matter the 2014 and 2016 shows just swap out the Blue's). I wish they would take a page from the playbook of the Quonset airshow. It seems like every year they change up the civilian acts. And as far as the military demos go? We'll see....

C'mon this is New York! The show is attended by 400K people. Don't we rate a B-2, B-52 or B-1 flyby?!? It would also be nice if they put together something special like Grumman flight.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

As for those flybys... Doubtful since we had FiFi in town a few years ago and couldn't get a flyby
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    As for those flybys... Doubtful since we had FiFi in town a few years ago and couldn't get a flyby
    Fifi's visit was sponsored by the American Airpower Museum, not the air show, so there was no obligation to visit the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Fifi's visit was sponsored by the American Airpower Museum, not the air show, so there was no obligation to visit the beach.
    I remember that, was just saying it was in the area and the airshow was unable to get it or had no interest in having it participate.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    Hhmmm... I know this is our hometown airshow and I'll support it but, they really need to start and mix it up a little bit. They're basically re-running the 2015 show sans the Breitling Team. (Or for that matter the 2014 and 2016 shows just swap out the Blue's). I wish they would take a page from the playbook of the Quonset airshow. It seems like every year they change up the civilian acts. And as far as the military demos go? We'll see....
    C'mon this is New York! The show is attended by 400K people. Don't we rate a B-2, B-52 or B-1 flyby?!? It would also be nice if they put together something special like Grumman flight.
    Thats why I enjoy the Atlantic City show!! They mix it up with helo flybys and get some of the big metal out of McGuire!!