Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Jones Beach/Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air Show

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    That would be awesome if they are going to be based out of Republic! Looked on Twitter and Facebook but just found that #8 was conducting site visits, no specific locations.
    FYI - that question was asked on the show's FB page and unfortunately they
    responded that the Thunderbirds would be back at MacArthur again in 2017.
    I'm still hoping that the show gets either the Legacy or Super Hornet Demo also
    and possibly the A-10 participating in a Heritage flight too this year cause they
    would most likely be using FRG along with the rest of the show performers

BTW, looks like the show is going with a brand new show logo this year >>

Looks like AAM will have a B-25, P-51, & SBD. I second the need for a change up.

The MN Wing will offer rides in its B-25 “Miss Mitchell” during the Dixie Wing tour with the P-51 Mustang ‘Red Nose” and the SBD-5 Dauntless. The units also are planning an air-to-air aviation photography workshop at Raleigh.

Preliminary dates:

April 22-23 in Peachtree City, GA then Savannah (04/29-30), Greenville, SC (05/7-8), Raleigh, NC (05/13-14), Virginia Beach, VA ( 05/18-21) Farmingdale, NY ( 05/25-28) then Reading, PA for the WWII Weekend. Stay tuned for the more details!

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/warbirds...southeast.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI - that question was asked on the show's FB page and unfortunately they
    responded that the Thunderbirds would be back at MacArthur again in 2017.
    I'm still hoping that the show gets either the Legacy or Super Hornet Demo also
    and possibly the A-10 participating in a Heritage flight too this year cause they
    would most likely be using FRG along with the rest of the show performers

BTW, looks like the show is going with a brand new show logo this year >>
    Thanks Chris, didn't see that they answered that.

Hoping for the A-10 but the message I saw was that they wanted to use it for smaller shows that can't support the other aircraft. Guess we'll wait and see when the schedule comes out.
    Saw that the Osprey and Harrier demo are elsewhere Memorial Day weekend.
    Glenn

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    It looks like they pushed back the time of the airshow, apparently it will run from 12-5pm this year.

http://bethpageairshow.com/about/
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

ACC just released schedules for the Raptor and Viper demos as well as A-10 and F-35 heritage flights and Jones Beach is not on any of them. Viper and heritage flights don't have anything schedule the weekend of the show, hoping at least one gets added!
    Last edited by dekdawg21; 2017-03-02 at 08:29 PM.
    Glenn

Hoping for good weather this year I feel the last few years 1 or 2 of the days have been a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    Hoping for good weather this year I feel the last few years 1 or 2 of the days have been a wash.
    Last year was quite good except for the fog rolling in during the Blues performance!! Im a little biased as I saw a great practice show and hung out at Republic from the time they arrived on Thursday to Sunday night and got some great action at FRG especially when they were using Runway 14 for landings and they were roaring in low over Route 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    It looks like they pushed back the time of the airshow, apparently it will run from 12-5pm this year.

http://bethpageairshow.com/about/
    Ugh! Again? Is this due to JFK ATC requirements? We hate it when they do this. Would much rather get up bright and early and hit the beach at 8AM, show underway at 10 and over by 2:45. Hang out an hour and drive pretty much right out. With a 5pm end time this totally overlaps the time to be at an afternoon BBQ somewhere else. This might be the first year we skip the beach and just head to the AAM as the show is a repeat of the last two years and nothing I haven't seen before. And it sounds like there'll be some warbirds at the AAM I've never seen before. Much more excited about that.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Navy Tac Demo released their schedule and Jones Beach made it! Didn't say if it was Hornet or Super Hornet
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    Ugh! Again? Is this due to JFK ATC requirements? We hate it when they do this. Would much rather get up bright and early and hit the beach at 8AM, show underway at 10 and over by 2:45. Hang out an hour and drive pretty much right out. With a 5pm end time this totally overlaps the time to be at an afternoon BBQ somewhere else. This might be the first year we skip the beach and just head to the AAM as the show is a repeat of the last two years and nothing I haven't seen before. And it sounds like there'll be some warbirds at the AAM I've never seen before. Much more excited about that.
    Weather permitting I always attend the practice show!! Its been a number of years since I actually went to the Sat/Sun show!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Weather permitting I always attend the practice show!! Its been a number of years since I actually went to the Sat/Sun show!!
    Agreed Friday is the best day to go. Less crowded. Only problem is it's not always a full show. Last year the Breitling Jet team didn't fly the practice.
    Glenn

At least with the later show if there's fog in the morning it has time to burn off...
    Glenn

https://www.facebook.com/BethpageAir...72547786112090

Apparently the Hornet Demo that was announced is not going to happen a/t/t
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    At least with the later show if there's fog in the morning it has time to burn off...
    Yeah but last year the Sunday show was cut short as a fog bank rolled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Yeah but last year the Sunday show was cut short as a fog bank rolled in.
    Sorry Gerard, tried to find a positive in the later time slot!
    Glenn