Thread: Anybody now any thing about printers

Anybody now any thing about printers

I was looking at the pixma MG6820 and the pixmaMG6821 from canon. Question is what's the difference what does the letters and numbers mean on all there printers I can't tell if one is supposed to be better then the other or is an upgrade or release on a later date. Any information would help thank you in advance.

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    It looks like they're just different numbers for the same model. The only noticeable difference is the color. Since Canon lumps together the reviews for those models, the differences are probably only cosmetic.

If you're only looking for a printer to print the occasional photo, you may be better off having it printed at a store or website. The quality and price of the few prints I've had done professionally really can't be beat. I have a Canon inkjet that's a couple years old and while it gets the job done, it's slow and I find that the ink dries out between my occasional uses. If you're going to use it regularly, you probably won't have that problem.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Thank you
    iv seem to have the same problem with my old Hp printer that your having. Hoping to use this one more especially with the capability to print from a smart device. I was just confused on the canon printer lineup it seems there is 10 different pixmas all looking alike just don't know which one is the better one or the upgrade. Unlike there cameras which make sense.

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Part of it is the nature of how inkjet printers work. Since most manufacturers are making their money on ink sales (vs printer sales), there is little incentive for them to engineer a fix.

Most if not all of my printing is now done with a color laser printer. While they're more expensive to purchase than an inkjet, they're not unreasonably expensive. Toner doesn't dry out and lasts a long time. I can't print photo quality with it, but that's what Costco is for.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

I looked it up. There are 3 MG models starting with MG682X. Appears to be the only difference is the outside color of the printer.