Thread: Plane spotting in China Thread 1, SHA

Plane spotting in China Thread 1, SHA

Greetings: I just returned from 2 weeks of travel in China. Here are the photos taken at SHA. SHA was the international airport of Shanghai until PVG was built in the early 2000s. SHA was still expanded with a 2nd runway and a 2nd terminal to meet the increasing demand for domestic traffic as well as flights to Japan, Taiwan, etc. It shares a similar story as HND or GMP. I flew MU from SHA to ZUH on Nov. 1st. The weather was clear that day with unlimited visibility. The skyscrapers of Shanghai's financial district were clearly visible from SHA T2. I spent nearly 3 hours there and here are the results:

B-5698 waiting at the terminal

B-5698 taking off

Tibet Airline was formed just a few years ago and recently acquired A-330. Sorry for the heat haze.

CZ uses both 777-200 and 777-300ER to serve SHA

Japanese widebodies

Jun Yao Airlines is one of the low cost airlines based in Shanghai. The other is Spring Airlines. This A-321 is in its 10th anniversary special livery.

Normal livery:

Xiamen Airlines' B-737-800 at its gate

More photos from PVG to come in a few days. More importantly, I will upload the photos I took at Zhuhai Air Show in the coming days. Stay tuned.

Program Coordinator
    Nice!

Awesome livery on the Tibet!

Might this be the same airshow where they showcased their new J-20? :)