Thread: A Few Flight Decks (747-400, 787-9) and LHR Preview

A Few Flight Decks (747-400, 787-9) and LHR Preview

Hey Gents,

A recent trip to London provided an awesome opportunity to combine my first trip overseas and checking a few items off the aviation bucket list. My outbound flight was BA 172 (JFK-LHR) on the top deck of a 747-400!

L1-7 by Mark Kolanowski, on Flickr

On the way back another item got checked off the list, moving over to the newest bird in the Boeing stable, and flying first class on a 19 day old 787-9, the newest in the BA fleet! While I didn't take photos, I got to see the entire cabin in flight about an hour before we started our decent into Newark including all the galleys and classes. After touchdown in New Jersey, I had the chance to go up front and check out the office and see what the 787 pit looks like in person, which was, in a word, incredible!

L9-13 by Mark Kolanowski, on Flickr

L9-14 by Mark Kolanowski, on Flickr

On top of the widebody adventures, I got a full day (plus a few quick shots on the way in/out for flights) at Heathrow, AND three days at the Red Bull Air Races in Ascot. More to come on that in the future, as I've still got a mountain of edits that are going to take weeks to go through! To say I'm one of the luckiest avgeeks in the world right now is a massive understatement!

L1-18 by Mark Kolanowski, on Flickr

L1-19 by Mark Kolanowski, on Flickr

L1-21 by Mark Kolanowski, on Flickr
    Last edited by captmjk16; 2016-09-15 at 08:31 PM.

Awesome stuff Mark, and looking forward to the other photos.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet