Thread: Two hours of spotting in the morning of Aug 15, 2016

Two hours of spotting in the morning of Aug 15, 2016

I have not been to JFK for several months and am eager to get the new types I have not captured. I spent 2 efficient hours at Bayswater this morning and got J2 787, LA 789 in the LATAM new livery and EY 380. I also got 2 bonus shots. It's very hot and I had to constantly wave off the bugs. The sun was in and out of the clouds so some pictures weren't ideal. But overall, I am happy with what I caught in a short period of time.

J2 787, I just love the different hues of blue on the fuselage:

LATAM new livery.

A-350

Bonus 1:

Bonus 2, I thought TNT only has 777F

!!!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Man that Azer 787 is a beautiful bird, that livery looks like it should belong to Air Fiji or some other South Pacific carrier. Excellent nets for a 2 hour window, I've been chasing that TNT 747

Nice catches in a short amount of time. I wish it was always that "efficient". I end up regretting (after the fact of course) how much time I spend watching yet another delta or JB that isn't a special just to get the one 787 shot or what have you.