Thread: 2016 Thunder Over The Boardwalk

2016 Thunder Over The Boardwalk

http://airshow.acchamber.com/airshow-schedule/

The lineup was just announced today!!

Looks like a good lineup! Never been to this show, anyone know if it gets crowed like Jones Beach?
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Looks like a good lineup! Never been to this show, anyone know if it gets crowed like Jones Beach?
    Beach doesnt get crazy crowded!! And not sure of parking as I come in the day before and stay two nights!! The only negative thing about the beach is The Pier which separates the beach!! Too close and you dont get the full effect of the aircraft coming up and down the beach!! This will be my 7th year and always have a great time!!

Almost here!! Weather looking good if not hot for Wed. Looks like they should get in Practice Show tomorrow!! I'm all packed and heading out in the morning around 9.
    ENJOY ALL!!

Interesting practice show by the Thunderbirds today!! They flew all 7 jets with one, not sure which number, shadowing the formation jets which most of the time flew 4 in formation and 2 solo but sometimes 5 in formation and 1 solo!! They performed for about 30 minutes and flew a high show, disappearing high into the hot sun. They did two surprise runs, one that literally had small kids running to the safety of their mommys lol!! Very enjoyable but also pretty hot!! If you are coming out tomorrow, dress light, hat, water and plenty of sunscreen!!

Just saw the Thunderbirds FB Page and now I realize what the 7th jet was doing!! Was thinking this. It was a camera ship taking amazing pictures!! Lots of fun watching them tag along!!

The sun is shining and it's going to be a warm one but you need heat for Thunder!!!
    Have a great day all!!

Interesting turn for the Thunderbirds yesterday!! Very enjoyable show with a nice mix of military and civilian and the 3 Blackhawks with the soldiers in the spy rigging was very very cool!!
    Then around 3:00PM we get ready for the Thunderbirds!! At that point the clouds we luckily had earlier had pretty much disappeared and the hot sun was beating down on us. So 3:05 is the starting time and nothing!! Ok a few minutes late. 3:30 passes and nothing. A man next to me says he heard them depart at 2:55 but they were out over Wildwood doing turns. People start getting antsy, I checked my social media, nothing. Finally at 4:45 four of the Falcons come roaring over the city towards the ocean. The two solo break off and the other two do the formation flying!! About 10 minutes in a 5th joins the party so how we have the 3 and 2 combo!! Later they all joined up for the 5 jet Diamond formation. Obviously, and later I read that a couple of the jets developed mechanical issues and that was the They did a nice 32 minute show (yes I timed it) but standung there in that blazing sun waiting for them and the missing aircraft put a little bit of a damper on it!! Just a little, haha!!!!
    This has been some season for both them and the Blue Angels. Recently Fat Albert was shutdown for the rest of this season!! Planes are getting old, it's time to upgrade!!! Easier said than done!!

Video I took of the Spy Rigging!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq2P8uXApJw