Thread: Skywest Crj200 emergency landing, Dtw

Skywest Crj200 emergency landing, Dtw

Rainy Skywest CRJ200 emergency landing at Detroit metro, 6-4-16

Happy to see they landed OK...what was the emergency

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Happy to see they landed OK...what was the emergency
    I emailed AV Herald asking if they had any info on it and they told me it was due to the ADG deploying in flight. The crew requested to return to DTW and ATC declared the emergency for them. It seems they kind of went a little over board on that one since we have a 200 do an air return almost once a month due to ADG deployment. It is a very big problem in DTW. Either a spike in the jetbridge power, which is only happening at certain gates, or a rampy pulling the ac power before the crew has switched to APU power takes out the EGPWS comp and the ADG auto deploy controller. The EGPWS is easy to catch since it always pops the CB. The ADG controller goes un noticed until they go weight off wheels and the adg deploys. The 900 has a similar problem with some of DTWs ground power. It will take out the EGPWS and ice detectors. Thankfully it doesn't do anything to the ADG and has never caused an air return.

Thank you for the informative answer Mike. CRJ ADG's of course have to be starboard side mounted which there was no way to see in the video lol

And don't the rampers have to have aural confirmation the crew has switched to onboard power before pulling the AC? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Thank you for the informative answer Mike. CRJ ADG's of course have to be starboard side mounted which there was no way to see in the video lol

And don't the rampers have to have aural confirmation the crew has switched to onboard power before pulling the AC? Just curious
    I cant even tell you how many times I have been either waiting to taxi a plane or just working on it and it just goes dark because they were to lazy to check with anyone before pulling the power. You have to also remember that the rampers at the B/C terminal are not mainline they are an out sourced company not making nearly as much as those working for mainline. I am not saying they suck at doing their job and don't care but....