Thread: LX 777-300 - February 21

LX 777-300 - February 21

I'll be out to catch the new 777 from Swiss on Sunday. It will be operating LX014, scheduled arrival 4:05PM.

Who else will be joining me? Let's hope for 31s, so we can go to Panera! (I'll never understand why some people prefer the Costco angle, but to each their own, I guess!)
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    I'll be out to catch the new 777 from Swiss on Sunday. It will be operating LX014, scheduled arrival 4:05PM.

Who else will be joining me? Let's hope for 31s, so we can go to Panera! (I'll never understand why some people prefer the Costco angle, but to each their own, I guess!)

Its all about the distance to the aircraft(Panera vs Costco)

I will do my best to be out there before heading to JFK.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Should be plenty of light unless there's a delay, looking forward to the pictures

I'm hoping to make it out. I have to agree with Eric with regards to distance. Also shooting from Panera there is a likelihood of getting more heat distortion due to the surrounding businesses which emit lots of heat exhaust.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post
    Its all about the distance to the aircraft(Panera vs Costco)
    AND
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    I'm hoping to make it out. I have to agree with Eric with regards to distance. Also shooting from Panera there is a likelihood of getting more heat distortion due to the surrounding businesses which emit lots of heat exhaust.
    Of course, you guys are right. Costco puts you significantly closer. Panera is a personal preference for me because I prefer the angle to that more "underneath" view from Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Should be plenty of light unless there's a delay, looking forward to the pictures
    It's a Swiss airline - a delay on their first day of operations should be unacceptable, but fingers crossed for an on-time arrival!
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Greetings,
    Here are 2 shots from earlier. Of course the weather was crap.

Senga

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Great coverage guys. I am actually the first person who started shooting at Firestone (now Panera). Everyone said it was a bad spot. Too many wires etc. Rest is history. Both spots have pros and cons but can produce results. Mark is right. Both spots I feel the subject should be well past you when you capture.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Finally got a chance to edit my shots from Sunday - it's grossly evident I'm out of practice with my editing...

Nice to see I've got another LX fleet to chase. I've got all A330-200s, all A330-300s, and I'm missing two A340-300s. Now I'll have to chase all the 777s!
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Great coverage guys. I am actually the first person who started shooting at Firestone (now Panera). Everyone said it was a bad spot. Too many wires etc. Rest is history. Both spots have pros and cons but can produce results. Mark is right. Both spots I feel the subject should be well past you when you capture.
    We had to shoot from Firestone because we got banned from Costco for a few years.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Get out there and shoot more Tis!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Some nice shots despite the lighting on it!

And as for the "Costco vs. Panera" debate(formerly known as the "TSS/Firestone predicament") I am also partial to the Boston Market Observatory(formerly known as the RKO Theater lot of Aviation Action)

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Some nice shots despite the lighting on it!

And as for the "Costco vs. Panera" debate(formerly known as the "TSS/Firestone predicament") I am also partial to the Boston Market Observatory(formerly known as the RKO Theater lot of Aviation Action)
    I love Boston Market and think its better than both other spots. My best exposed shots have come from there.