Thread: When Life Gives You Lemons (and a VC-25)...

When Life Gives You Lemons (and a VC-25)...

See the caption on Flickr for the whole story, but the gist is that I was returning from a business trip that I was unable to bring my camera to. While waiting at the airport in Virginia, a smattering of interesting aircraft (A few Canadian SAR helos, a P-8, and some other government aircraft that I'm blanking on right now) were doing touch and gos right in front of me, serving as a constant reminder of my DSLR-less state.

This helpless feeling only grew deeper when I noticed a somewhat familiar shape and paint job appeared over the treeline while walking out to finally catch my flight. As it grew closer that shape materialized into my first sighting of a VC-25, which was doing some pattern work at Newport News. On the third bump I begrudgingly got out my cell phone and got insanely lucky to capture the following shot without cutting off any of the subject. While I generally avoid cell phone "cameras", I must admit that I was glad to have one in this case, though far more frustrated to not have had the chance to bring my D7100.

IMG_20151211_111305215 by Mark Kolanowski, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Are you onboard 843E or 4222A or one of the other 1900s in that same program?