Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Jones Beach Air Show, May 28 - 29th

Republic billboard reads Blue angle #7 landing wed night 5 pm

A Marine Corps CH-53E just (@ ~4:40 PM EDT) went screaming by overhead (~500-ft) here in East Meadow, headed southeast toward the Wantagh Parkway. Presumably this is the one that will be landing at Eisenhower Park this weekend.

From memory... teams have usually used runway 32 for take off and landing. Is this always the case (due to the arresting cable) or will their runway vary with the winds?
    I'm just wondering where around the airport I should hang around on Friday/Saturday.
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Boxman View Post
    A Marine Corps CH-53E just (@ ~4:40 PM EDT) went screaming by overhead (~500-ft) here in East Meadow, headed southeast toward the Wantagh Parkway. Presumably this is the one that will be landing at Eisenhower Park this weekend.
    Dont presume anything LOL!! Could be, they might have been checking out the LZ!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma View Post
    From memory... teams have usually used runway 32 for take off and landing. Is this always the case (due to the arresting cable) or will their runway vary with the winds?
    I'm just wondering where around the airport I should hang around on Friday/Saturday.
    I've only seen them use 32 in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma View Post
    Last time Angels were here they did depart 14 and returned 32 at least the time I was there!! So you never know!! If you have a a scanner listen to Tower/Ground. Friday not as crazy traffic on New Highway but dont bother Sat/Sun. Hang out by the movie theater/Home Depot for esay access!! Snowbirds/Breitling will use 1/19, from past experience!! Have fun and be safe!!

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Thursday?
    I read from another source Wednesday!!

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    As per the AAM Facebook page they are still waiting for approval from the USAF and the Air National Guard Unit on the A-10's attendance.
    Have we heard anything yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I read from another source Wednesday!!
    Snowbirds are coming Thursday. They have an all day appearance in DC on Wednesday.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Any word on when Fat Albert is due in?

Ken

Tweeted at fat Albert's pilot just now, lets see if she responds. It would have to be either early tomorrow morning, or late tonight.
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    As per the AAM Facebook page they are still waiting for approval from the USAF and the Air National Guard Unit on the A-10's attendance.
    Any update on if the A-10s were approved yet to visit the AAM ??

Just spoke to a pilot waiting for his flight at Republic. Says he heard the the BA's were arring at noon, but also said no one really knows when (except for the tower which might know 90 minutes out), as they're kind of on their own schedule.

Another photographer standing with me said he saw a sign on 110 that said "7' was arriving at 5:00pm local time and the rest arriving in the morning.

So, IOW, still don't know.

The Noon arrival doesn't make sense if they're doing the Commissioning in Anapolis in the early afternoon today.

Anyone have any more concrete info?

Also, the pilot said they'd be using 32 today.

-Dave-

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post
    Just spoke to a pilot waiting for his flight at Republic. Says he heard the the BA's were arring at noon, but also said no one really knows when (except for the tower which might know 90 minutes out), as they're kind of on their own schedule.

Another photographer standing with me said he saw a sign on 110 that said "7' was arriving at 5:00pm local time and the rest arriving in the morning.

The Noon arrival doesn't make sense if they're doing the Commissioning in Anapolis in the early afternoon today.

-Dave-
    I have concrete info for you, but I don't know how much I can share.

Blue angel 7 comes in today around 5p

Rest of team coming tomorrow morning early AM.

Snowbirds also tomorrow closer to noon.
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post

-Dave-
    Commissioning? They have the air show in Anapolis today at 2:00 and then the graduation flyover Friday morning at 10am...