Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Jones Beach Air Show, May 28 - 29th

For anyone willing to drive 100 or so miles south this weekend: Thunderbird #8 arrived Wednesday for the OC Airshow this weekend. TB's #1-7 are planned to arrive today, Thursday at 3pm. Since there isn't an active onlne forum to follow the events down that way, I'm not sure if they are staging out of AC or somewhere else this year. The OC Airshow FB page is probably the only real time feed of events that I can find. Weekend weather is Sunny, 0% precip, but windy.

Blues have announced that they are back flying. So nice to see. I would expect them to come and pick up #5 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rkfast View Post
    Blues have announced that they are back flying. So nice to see. I would expect them to come and pick up #5 soon.
    Speaking of 5, they only flew 5 aircraft in formation today!!

Just saw on Blue Angels Tribute on FB that they left the #1 jet in Tennessee, appears they had problems with it. Also saw that the #5 jet was a 2 seater. With a #5 here, a #1 in Tennessee and the jet Capt Kuss' lost it would seem they all there single seats are in use. And if they were in Tennessee today depending on if they got it up and running perhaps the will be back tomorrow or over the weekend.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    And if they were in Tennessee today depending on if they got it up and running perhaps the will be back tomorrow or over the weekend.
    They cancelled this week at the Dayton Air Show and as of now they are still undecided about Vero Beach next week!!

If I may rant for a second...they cant keep aircraft in the air, keep having to leave them behind, and they just lost one as well which I can only assume had some kind of mechanical component to the event.

Something clearly is not right with the squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by rkfast View Post
    If I may rant for a second...they cant keep aircraft in the air, keep having to leave them behind, and they just lost one as well which I can only assume had some kind of mechanical component to the event.

Something clearly is not right with the squadron.
    Was thinking the same but didn't want to bring it up. I was concerned the day they arrived here and had the problem with #4. Plus didn't they have 2 issues last season with pieces of the planes coming off?
    Glenn

Unhappy

There are a couple of articles covering how overused the aircraft are. Sounds like an increasing risk they are taking. http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/blu...-in-1709836712

Quote Originally Posted by EWR757 View Post
    For anyone willing to drive 100 or so miles south this weekend: Thunderbird #8 arrived Wednesday for the OC Airshow this weekend. TB's #1-7 are planned to arrive today, Thursday at 3pm. Since there isn't an active onlne forum to follow the events down that way, I'm not sure if they are staging out of AC or somewhere else this year. The OC Airshow FB page is probably the only real time feed of events that I can find. Weekend weather is Sunny, 0% precip, but windy.
    More like 265 miles ........... from Long Island
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

I shot these two images Friday May 27th, 2016 around 5:00PM. The P-40 & P-47 were completing flight operations for patrons visiting the museum. Unfortunately we all know what happened a few hours later.

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

FYI - Fat Albert is currently flying over NC right now and heading Northeast,
    so it looks like it's heading to FRG and will probably arrive early this afternoon.

Blues are practicing at 1:00 their time in Pensacola so guessing if they get #5 running they would have to fly one of the.pilots up after the practice to take her home.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI - Fat Albert is currently flying over NC right now and heading Northeast,
    so it looks like it's heading to FRG and will probably arrive early this afternoon.
    1:15 nothing yet but small crowd in the lot and some official vehicles on the other side

Amy updates?!
    Glenn

Fat Albert just flew over Old Bethpage heading to runway 14.