Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 425

Thread: 2016 Jones Beach Air Show, May 28 - 29th

  1. #316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
    Posts
    281
    Wow, there were a lot of mechanical issues this year! And great shots all! Still haven't had a chance to do anything with mine from Thursday and Friday, not expecting much as the haze was a challenge and I'm still working on my photog skills. My camera crapped out so I had to sit out Saturday.
    Glenn

  2. #317
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Surprise!!! Blue Angel 5 parked in front of the Main Terminal. My guess is it had been towed to a hangar (Talon?) to be worked on.
    Almost 10AM and Snowbirds still here though hear possibly out between now and 11.

  3. #318
    Looks like snowbirds are getting ready to depart

  4. #319
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Who says the air show is over? The A-10 that visited the AAM, Wardog Zero One, took off and after his initial departure on 14 gave us three low and fast Fly Bys!!! Wow that was awesome!

  5. #320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Surprise!!! Blue Angel 5 parked in front of the Main Terminal. My guess is it had been towed to a hangar (Talon?) to be worked on.
    Almost 10AM and Snowbirds still here though hear possibly out between now and 11.
    Saw that the Blues canceled their practice at the meseum back home, guessing that's why. They said the Wednesday pratice should be on.
    Glenn

  6. #321
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    Looks like snowbirds are getting ready to depart
    They are departing slowly. Two jets went up by themselves, then a flight of 3 then 25 minutes later another flight of 3. Looks like another group ready to go out.

  7. #322
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Who says the air show is over? The A-10 that visited the AAM, Wardog Zero One, took off and after his initial departure on 14 gave us three low and fast Fly Bys!!! Wow that was awesome!
    Yeah, that was awesome !!
    The pilot's family were on the ramp and his brother was taking video of the low passes at the end of RWY 14 also.

  8. #323
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Yeah, that was awesome !!
    The pilot's family were on the ramp and his brother was taking video of the low passes at the end of RWY 14 also.
    Oh cool thats where I was. I heard his family is from L.I. so thats why we got a special treat!!

  9. #324
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Looks like another group ready to go out.
    Not quite. When I left at 2:30 Snowbirds 5, 8, 9 and 11 still on the ramp and they didnt look to be in a hurry to go anywhere.
    Angel 5 was still at the Terminal.

  10. #325
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Oh cool thats where I was. I heard his family is from L.I. so thats why we got a special treat!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrTL...j0TTyCEC_jazpQ

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FF...j0TTyCEC_jazpQ

  11. #326
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Not quite. When I left at 2:30 Snowbirds 5, 8, 9 and 11 still on the ramp and they didnt look to be in a hurry to go anywhere.
    Angel 5 was still at the Terminal.
    Snowbirds 5,8,9 and 11 finally departed just before 3:30.

  12. #327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    830
    Outstanding job on the photos guys, great job!

  13. #328
    Senior Member megatop412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia(south Jersey, actually)
    Posts
    3,278
    I have been observing this thread for the past few days and all I can say is.....boy did you guys do this show right. Fantastic images and I'm very jealous I wasn't there(especially given the F-35)! As usual we have excellent coverage from the field AND the show itself. John, Mark, Fred, and Gerard with those videos, and others that made this thread epic....THANK YOU

    I was very sorry to hear about the ditching of Jackie's Revenge. Rest in peace to her pilot, Bill Gordon.

  14. #329
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Snowbirds 5,8,9 and 11 finally departed just before 3:30.
    Thanks Chris. Couldn't wait anymore but did get to see a bunch of them leave and once again, that A-10 was just a great closer to the whole last 6 days of air show/fleet week action. Now sadly work beckons me tomorrow!!
    BTW did Angel 5 ever leave?

  15. #330
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Thanks Chris. Couldn't wait anymore but did get to see a bunch of them leave and once again, that A-10 was just a great closer to the whole last 6 days of air show/fleet week action. Now sadly work beckons me tomorrow!!
    BTW did Angel 5 ever leave?
    Not yet, heard Fat Albert will be returning sometime tomorrow with a crew to work on #5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •