Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Jones Beach Air Show, May 28 - 29th

Some images from Sunday at Republic and the American Airpower Museum

Fantastics images gents! Sorry I didn't get a chance to see everyone since we were all scattered about. Here are a few for now.

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Depends on where you get the forecast from, right now NOAA's is looking good
    Damn good it was!!! Except for the fog that rolled in to cut the Blues performance short the weather was great!! Oh it was a "little" warm and yeah HAZY at times ( the bane of the photog) but couldn't ask for better considering what was being thrown around by various sources in the days leading up to the arrival of the performers.
    Quick questions: Snowbirds leave? A-10 gone? And any idea when the wounded Angel and Albert leaving?
    Thanks guys!! Hope everyone had a great time these last bunch of days!! Some of the BEST action I've seen in a long time!! Great pictures also!!!!
    Now today with all this rain and fog I can relax, have a normal breakfast and catch up on my DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Damn good it was!!! Except for the fog that rolled in to cut the Blues performance short the weather was great!! Oh it was a "little" warm and yeah HAZY at times ( the bane of the photog) but couldn't ask for better considering what was being thrown around by various sources in the days leading up to the arrival of the performers.
    Quick questions: Snowbirds leave? A-10 gone? And any idea when the wounded Angel and Albert leaving?
    Thanks guys!! Hope everyone had a great time these last bunch of days!! Some of the BEST action I've seen in a long time!! Great pictures also!!!!
    Now today with all this rain and fog I can relax, have a normal breakfast and catch up on my DVR.
    Yeah it was. I started following Joe Cioffi this past winter and he was spot on for every forecast and he called this weekend perfectly!
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Yeah it was. I started following Joe Cioffi this past winter and he was spot on for every forecast and he called this weekend perfectly!
    I have a friend on Facebook who is friends with Joe and he's always posting his forecasts and Yup, always spot on!!

Great photos Fred. The sneak pass photo is amazing.

Amazing photos Mark and moose

Can you upload direct to the site now or no? Haven't uploaded anything in close to a year.

Any flight operations out of AAM today?

Quote Originally Posted by TJK View Post
    Great photos Fred. The sneak pass photo is amazing.
    Thank you very much.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Any flight operations out of AAM today?
    Doesnt look like it as I just passed. Weather not great especially to the south and east where aircraft say the ceiling tops out at 900 feet and the airport just announced they are going IFR. One plane a Cessna 421 departed and quickly decided to come back. A flight of 2 red AStars from Liberty Helicopters "Blade" program came in and they might be there in Atlantic for awhile.

The Angel with the broken wing and his brother Albert have left and the arresting gear is packed up on two tractor trailers ready to leave themselves.
    The A-10 still at the AAM and I believe it was scheduled to be here today for the Memorial Day activities. With the weather crappy they might not leave till tomorrow? Same with the B-17
    Snowbirds parked with the canopies covered. If I remember correctly the last time they were here they didn't leave until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Flying at the AAM was cancelled today due to weather, both C-47 and B-17 rides. A-10, B-17, and Snowbirds are scheduled to depart Tuesday, but I don't have times.

The B-17 crew discovered they had a tire go flat overnight...

Since they don't carry a spare - it's pretty heavy, and I'm not sure they could even fit one in the airplane - they had one flown in on this BAE Jetstream 31.

In the end, it didn't affect flight operations, as the weather took care of that.