Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 425

Thread: 2016 Jones Beach Air Show, May 28 - 29th

  1. #241
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    I heard it on my scanner, the comm cart called and aircraft in the airspace behind the crowd (think they said a mile out) they do called for the diamond to continue the vertical pitch menuevor and Doc and another guy were looking for him. The plane cleared out after a few minutes, sure that guy will get an earfull. Side note there was a Cessna that wasn't responding yesterday to Republic Tower on final and the tower finally got hold of him on the ground and let his displease be known, pilot said his radio was malfunctioning.
    Thanks!! And he should get more than an earful!! Could've been really bad if......
    And I also heard that with the Cessna yesterday!!

  2. #242
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
    Posts
    274
    Just saw a report on facebook stating a P-47 from the American Airpower Museun went down in the Hudson River today. The pilot had to ditch and according to the report I heard, it is not know if the pilot made it out okay.

  3. #243
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Just saw a report on facebook stating a P-47 from the American Airpower Museun went down in the Hudson River today. The pilot had to ditch and according to the report I heard, it is not know if the pilot made it out okay.
    It is confirmed that it's the P-47 from the AAM but hearing conflicting accounts on the pilot!!

  4. #244
    Member rkfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wantagh, NY
    Posts
    95
    http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york...als-1.11849967

    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2652690

    There is video of the crash on the NYDN link.

    I dont think its Dan Dameo. Either way, pilot is OK.

    We've lost Jacky's Revenge. Well, that sucks.
    Last edited by rkfast; 05-27-2016 at 08:42 PM.

  5. #245
    Senior Member fk6065's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by rkfast View Post
    http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york...als-1.11849967

    I dont think its Dan Dameo. Either way, pilot is OK.

    We've lost Jacky's Revenge. Well, that sucks.
    Actually FDNY Divers have the plane secured to one of their Marine Units
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

  6. #246
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    Actually FDNY Divers have the plane secured to one of their Marine Units
    NJSP twitter states survivor may not be pilot which I hope is untru. They also are stating that the plane is to be scrapped by the Army Core of Engineers which I hope is also untrue and seems too soon to be contemplating as I would think the FAA would want a look at it.

  7. #247
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    NJSP twitter states survivor may not be pilot which I hope is untru. They also are stating that the plane is to be scrapped by the Army Core of Engineers which I hope is also untrue and seems too soon to be contemplating as I would think the FAA would want a look at it.
    The original NJSPD Twitter feed was wrong!! They said they had the pilot but it was only someone who jumped in water to help. But that didn't stop the Media from running with the story which they have since backtracked on. I'm sadly hearing it's not a rescue mission anymore but a recovery!!

  8. #248
    Senior Member Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Posts
    299
    Sadly, they just recovered the pilots body.

  9. #249
    Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

  10. #250
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    The original NJSPD Twitter feed was wrong!! They said they had the pilot but it was only someone who jumped in water to help. But that didn't stop the Media from running with the story which they have since backtracked on. I'm sadly hearing it's not a rescue mission anymore but a recovery!!
    Yeah, there was way to much inaccurate info stated originally. Sad to hear about the pilot.

  11. #251
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    374
    Awful tragedy.

    Makes me feel a little awkward about going tomorrow.

  12. #252
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    374
    Anyone have a schedule of when each of the performers will be over the beach for tomorrow?

  13. #253
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by TJK View Post
    Anyone have a schedule of when each of the performers will be over the beach for tomorrow?
    From what I saw from the practice show is that the Jet team action happens from 12 noon to 3pm. F16 demo team, Snowbirds F-35,F16, Mustang heritage flight, Jack Links, Fat Albert, Blue Angels.

    The Breitling team didn't go up yesterday

  14. #254
    Senior Member Zee71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,348
    Read all the reports ... I am deeply sadden of the news. A few of us were by the field yesterday evening and watched her depart. My condolences and prayers to all. Today will be filled with heavy hearts .... RIP
    Mark
    Queens, NY

    My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

  15. #255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    374
    One of my favorite planes every year and my favorite of the AAM fleet. So sorry to everyone who knew the pilot.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •