Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Jones Beach Air Show, May 28 - 29th

Jst wrapped up at the beach. Anything going on at FRG?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma View Post
    Jst wrapped up at the beach. Anything going on at FRG?
    P-40, P-47 and B-17 landed a short while ago.

Still waiting on on the two A-10's
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

I was up with my student at FRG today. We took off just after noon and heard the Mustang, F-35 and F-16 making a low approach down 19. On the break the Mustang landed, the F-16 went to ISP and the F-35 requested a freq to go to ACY through JFK Class B in order to stay clear of the TFR. On the way back in just after 1pm we shared the FRG traffic pattern with the Snowbirds! We landed 19 and cleared at the intersection while they flew right overhead. So cool.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Quote Originally Posted by LEIP View Post
    A10 is parked at AAM
    No, that's the resident static A-10.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Quote Originally Posted by Billbo1970 View Post
    Can you get the cockpit coms on one of the mobile apps, and if so what channel?!?!?! :D
    YES...From Phil at W2LIE
    http://www.w2lie.net/news.php
    For the last 11 years, we have brought you the action from the Jones Beach Air Show via our live streams and have posted frequency lists for you to take with you to the beach. I am please to announce that we are not breaking our long standing tradition!
    You will be able to listen to our live feed as in previous years
    you can go to our Live Feed Page and look for the special feed
    if you are mobile, download Scanner Radio (For Android), or Scanner Radio Deluxe (For iOS) and listen on the go
    !
    And you will be able to follow the action using ProScan!
    Download the free client at [link] and look for the Jones Beach Air Show.
    For the frequency list for 2016 Jones Beach Air Show, please visit this link for the full list.
    If you see a frequency or performer who isn't listed, please forward me the info.
    The live feed is will be launched on May 26th - so that you may hear some of the performers come into Republic Airport (Farmingdale, NY).
    --TSA.GOV website

A-10'a arrived at AAM around 5:30pm.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

That LOW approach the F-35A did and the high speed pass by the F-16 on RWY 19 was very cool to see at FRG today!!

I just found this crappy smartphone video of it on Youtube to give you an idea what it looked like.
    Hopefully someone else got a much better video it today.

It was a beautiful day at the beach though I know some of you photog guys will complain about lightning and stuff Pretty crowded, the most Ive seen at a practice show but also it was such a lovely day a lot of it was people just out to the beach and no clue they'd run into an air show!! And just so great to hang at show central either on the beach or boardwalk and be able to easily get around!! Snowbirds came in from over the Water Tower and then disappeared out over the water for about 10 minutes but when they came in they did a nice show!! Maybe just getting their bearings since they havent flown here in a few years!! But what happened to the Breitling Team? I guess they didn't want to practice? As usual the Angels did a magnificent show!! With the clear sky they looked like they were flying right into the sun!! And of course one of the solo guys, as usual, did a low and fast run over the crowd literally having everyone jumping out of their skins, and loving it!! And one thing I saw while the Angels were performing and were back over on the Bay side and I was watching with my binocs I thought I saw a small fixed wing that possibly broke the TFR? He was moving to the East but I thought WTF is he doing there. Anyone hear or see anything?
    Well anyone who's going Sat/Sun be prepared for a great show and dont forget the sunscreen!! It was pretty sunny out there today!

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma View Post
    Will warbirds be giving rides later at the AAM?
    Go to their website!! You have to make reservations!!

Anyone know why the Brietlings didn't fly today?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    It was a beautiful day at the beach though I know some of you photog guys will complain about lightning and stuff Pretty crowded, the most Ive seen at a practice show but also it was such a lovely day a lot of it was people just out to the beach and no clue they'd run into an air show!! And just so great to hang at show central either on And one thing I saw while the Angels were performing and were back over on the Bay side and I was watching with my binocs I thought I saw a small fixed wing that possibly broke the TFR? He was moving to the East but I thought WTF is he doing there. Anyone hear or see anything?
    Well anyone who's going Sat/Sun be prepared for a great show and dont forget the sunscreen!! It was pretty sunny out there today!
    I heard it on my scanner, the comm cart called and aircraft in the airspace behind the crowd (think they said a mile out) they do called for the diamond to continue the vertical pitch menuevor and Doc and another guy were looking for him. The plane cleared out after a few minutes, sure that guy will get an earfull. Side note there was a Cessna that wasn't responding yesterday to Republic Tower on final and the tower finally got hold of him on the ground and let his displease be known, pilot said his radio was malfunctioning.

Quote Originally Posted by gettysburgerrn View Post
    Anyone know why the Brietlings didn't fly today?

Ken
    Was wondering the same thing! And are the Golden Knights not attending the show? Though I saw the listed.

Heard about a p47 that crashed by the intrepid this evening. Anyone know what's up? NY post is reporting it. Is it jackys revenge?

Quote Originally Posted by rkfast View Post
    Heard about a p47 that crashed by the intrepid this evening. Anyone know what's up? NY post is reporting it. Is it jackys revenge?
    Multiple reports ID it as a P-47 in the Hudson!! Major SAR rescue going on. Hearing a lot of different reports but until confirmed not posting here!! Let's just say a prayer for whomever it might be!!

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Was wondering the same thing! And are the Golden Knights not attending the show? Though I saw the listed.
    Golden Knights came in today