Thread: JFK Spotting hotels

JFK Spotting hotels

Can anybody tell me what the best hotels are to spot from @ JFK - I will be there in May for 3 days. Thank you for any help

Five Towns on Rockaway Blvd. , Tpk, Lawrence,NY , right underneath the path for 31R short finals, famous freight dog flop house, the hotel van will take you to the Bayhouse a local establishment that is located less than a mile from the threshold of 31R on sunny, Jamaica Bay, beers, and burgers, while you spot. : )
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Sounds perfect - thank you

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Spotting from the Bayhouse is fun, but it will yield nose on photos and underbelly shots. If you want side on photos, it's a short cab ride from your hotel to neighboring spotting locations. Here's a link to the JFK spotting map on this site. A great resource for your NY area spotting. Enjoy-

http://www.nycaviation.com/spotting-guides/jfk/
    Last edited by Aviation.High.Guy; 2015-11-19 at 04:44 PM.
    -Don B.

Bayhouse is fun during the summer when the 13R departures are a booming away, great to hang on the deck and spot.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!