Thread: KADW/KRIC-Fall 2015: Easing Back into Things

KADW/KRIC-Fall 2015: Easing Back into Things

Hey Guys,

After something of a hiatus these past few months, I am back! While I still have a backlog of photos to handle from my last few days living in Dallas, I thought I would start with 4 quick photos from my time back here in Virginia. In the leadup to this year's UNGA I decided to try my hand at finally catching an Air China 747-400 when Xi Jinping made his state visit to Washington DC. Sadly, having never been there before, and because I was required to lay low to not attract attention, I misjudged my location and wound up UNDER the plane. Oh well, I can still count this right?

IMG_7015 by Nicholas Peterman, on Flickr

As for Richmond, my home airport, not much of note ever really comes in, and I hadn't been over with a camera since January of 2014 when I was run off by a rent-a-cop who stated that the "FFA" has banned photography at airports. However, as a 737 Classic fan, I was seduced by the prospect of shooting a new livery and braved the tedium for a chance at a shot, Luck was on my side, with 1 runway closed and a strange southerly wind that was not forecasted, delivering me arrivals on runway 20.

The Day's target

Xtra Airways 737-400 by Nicholas Peterman, on Flickr

An always pleasant Maddog

Delta MD-88 by Nicholas Peterman, on Flickr

And FedEx arriving just after sunset.

FedEx A300F by Nicholas Peterman, on Flickr

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Nick

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Nice shots as always, Nick! And that Air China shot is better than the one I got of Iraqi Airways, where it was head on, directly over me, and with the sun at its tail.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Great light on the Xtra Nick, also I never noticed the '747400' label on the nosewheel door of the Air China

Great Shot of the Xtra 734. One of the better paint schemes I've seen at RIC in a while.

Thanks guys! I really do like the livery on that Xtra 734. Definitely one of the better new looks to have come out lately!