Thread: Pictures at Night at JFK

Pictures at Night at JFK

Hey guys,

my next Trip to NYC is coming closer, less than one month to go. Can someone advise me where i can take nightphotos of aircrafts which were just pushed back ? I find a lot of pictures in the net but I am nötig sure where These were taken in order to avoid any trouble with the law.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards
    Sebastian

Night shooting at JFK is pretty tough and I don't recommend it unless you have a vehicle. The two spots I like are the T5 and T1 parking garages. Usually the top two levels have the best view. Keeping yourself on the down low is key, don't hide to the point that you're being suspicious but sit in your car until something gets pushed back or hooked up to the tug, get out, shoot and get back in the car. Allied Barton (the security officers no different than your average mall cop) makes patrols regularly, when you see the orange lights flashing on the level below you it's best to get back in your car or put the camera away and simply watch the airplanes. Hope this helps. :)

Hmm indeed it sounds tough die to the fact that i won't have a Car in NYC only on the last day in Order to do a roadtrip to BOS.

Neverless many many thanks for your kind help!!!

Rgds
    Sebastian