Thread: TEB 8/1

TEB 8/1

Although this doesn't involve law enforcement, I figured I would post it anyway as a warning about the crazies out there.

I stopped by TEB this morning on the way back from a doc's appointment.

I was stopped on Industrial Ave, just past the entrance to the new Walmart. A car going the opposite direction, stopped and the driver asked me what I was doing. I told him I was looking at aircraft, and he said I couldn't. I said since when, he replied since forever. I told him I was doing nothing illegal. He told me to move on. At this point I was pissed! I asked who he was, he said I'll show you who I am and looked like he was reaching in his pocket. He swung the car round and pulled alongside me. He said I'm with "national security" stay there. He then drove off back the way he came.

I stopped there for a couple of minutes and then thought "f**k this and continued driving along logging the aircraft, expecting a "show of force" to turn up. I got all the way to Moonachie Ave and continued the circuit. Passed 4 Moonachie cops none of who looked like they were on the lookout for someone! Came back up Redneck Ave stopping to read off what I could in Jet Aviation and then came home to Little Ferry with no issues!

Still waiting for a visit from PAPD, Moonachie PD or the FBI, but won't hold my breath!

Thanks for the heads up as I'm around TEB pretty frequently. The way I see it, no ID = no authority. Curious to see how my experience will be once I actually start photographing the planes, since that new parking lot gives an easy location to park at the end of the runway.

In the 1970's I used to ride my bike to TEB and walk all over the flight lines, it is very sad that it's like a fortress over there now.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    There are a lot of crazies in NJ.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by rmssch89 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up as I'm around TEB pretty frequently. The way I see it, no ID = no authority. Curious to see how my experience will be once I actually start photographing the planes, since that new parking lot gives an easy location to park at the end of the runway.
    That's going to be a very quick way to attract a lot of attention. The new lot isn't going to be great for pictures. Arrivals are too close and departures are too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Ya think? Starting with that load of a Governor!!

I'd be more worried about the guards at the FBO guard shacks, they are like rabid pit bulls. The cops can care less unless the FBO guards make a call.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Damn straight