Thread: LGA Kiwanis Kids Day

LGA Kiwanis Kids Day

Greetings,

Does anyone has info regarding Kids Day at LGA for 2015? I have not been able to find any information.

Thanks,

J
    Jose L. Henriquez

Yes, I heard from the PANYNJ and the Kiwanis Kids Day at LGA is on Saturday, Sept. 26th beginning at noon.

Thanks Chris. EWR Kids Day is also scheduled for September 26th. Some decisions to make here...:-)
    Jose L. Henriquez

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhenriquez28 View Post
    Thanks Chris. EWR Kids Day is also scheduled for September 26th. Some decisions to make here...:-)
    Not to mention the tail end of UN Week. September is always a busy month.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Any more specifics about LGA Kids Day? It's just a week away.

And does anyone know how the POTUS TFR is going to affect the event? Will GA aircraft be allowed to fly in IFR?

Due to circumstances surrounding the Papal Visit and United Nations General Assembly, we must regretfully cancel this Saturday’s Kids Day Event. The Event will not be rescheduled this Fall due to the late date in the season. My thanks to all who offered their support and assistance even though the event was not able to be held.

Lysa C. Scully
    General Manager
    LaGuardia Airport
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Why did they wait so long to cancel? We made plans to visit. The dates of the Popes' announced trip and the UNGA was well-known months ago so the PANYNJ had plenty of time to adjust the date. I guess the EWR show is cancelled as well. My friend works on Saturdays and told his boss he'd not be in on Sept. 26. Frankly, I am fed-up with spotting. I was anticipating this annual event for months. Glad you informed us; I am certain many will go for nothing.

Speedbird .... I recommend maybe hitting the Cardle of Aviation or American Air Power museums, so you and your friend don't waste a day you have planned for already.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Cradle of Aviation Museum requires a car as we live in Brooklyn. Public transportation is out of the question. Here in Brooklyn, we have a wonderful Chilli Pepper Festival on Saturday at the Botanic Garden including costumed mariachi bands and lots of demos. As a bonus, aircraft arriving at LGA pass over the Garden at low altitudes. LGA construction next year will sadly cause the cancellation of Kids Day for several more years.

Is the Newark kids day show still on or is that affected by security concerns as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Cradle of Aviation Museum requires a car as we live in Brooklyn. Public transportation is out of the question. Here in Brooklyn, we have a wonderful Chilli Pepper Festival on Saturday at the Botanic Garden including costumed mariachi bands and lots of demos. As a bonus, aircraft arriving at LGA pass over the Garden at low altitudes. LGA construction next year will sadly cause the cancellation of Kids Day for several more years.
    Are you talking about the LGA new terminals project ? How will that affect the ramp where the show is held ?
    Last edited by alberchico; 2015-09-23 at 07:57 PM.
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Won't construction somehow affect the ramp area as well? Hopefully, it won't.
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2015-09-24 at 06:33 AM.

Thumbs down LGA Kids' Day Cancellation

It sounded fishy that Kids' Day suddenly got canceled only 3 days prior. Just learned that Mrs. POTUS arrived for a concert on Sat. afternoon at LGA on a Boeing C-32 military aircraft. Me thinks this caused the cancellation. Thanks to this arrangement, several hundred kids of all ages were disappointed. I am sure the EWR Kids' Day event went on as scheduled; although I've read no postings. It probably was our last chance to visit a US Airways A319 aircraft before it's incorporated into the AAL system.
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2015-10-03 at 02:20 PM.