Thread: Newbie question

Newbie question

1) I live along Republic's 14 approach and from time to time, I see quite a few planes that have "STATE" along with a number on the underside of the wing. Are those NYS planes that ferry politicians/State Police around?
    2) I noticed most days the air traffic is minimal but there are times there's tons of planes in the area. Are there designated days allowed for recreational/training flights?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOne View Post
    1) I live along Republic's 14 approach and from time to time, I see quite a few planes that have "STATE" along with a number on the underside of the wing. Are those NYS planes that ferry politicians/State Police around?
    2) I noticed most days the air traffic is minimal but there are times there's tons of planes in the area. Are there designated days allowed for recreational/training flights?
    Thanks!
    The STATE planes are Farmingdale State College planes!! Their Aviation Center is at Republic along Rt 110 and I think I read they own like 22 aircraft!! The NYState Police Aviation Unit are the primary transport for the governor and other state politicians!! They have a fleet of 13 helicopters and 6 Fixed wings (last I saw).
    No designated days but more likely to see more planes on the weekend especially recreational with people not working and heading to the wild blue yonder.

Thanks Gerard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOne View Post
    Thanks Gerard!!!
    You're welcome!! I'm to the east of the 14s which were in use today!!

Welcome to the forum PhoenixOne!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Those planes usually contain Jakub too. LOL
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol