This weekend is the 25th annual World War II Weekend air show at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum in Reading, PA. I've been in the area just about all of those years, but the air show always falls on the same weekend as the Pocono NASCAR race, and I've never made it to Reading. I'm out in the Poconos again this weekend, but this time, I decided to hit the air show Saturday. In addition to a couple of dozen war birds that fly during the show, they have a large area devoted to WWII reenactors, American, Allied, and Axis. It's a great time, and certainly worth a visit.

The Mid-Atlantic Air Museum is in the process of restoring a P-61 Black Widow fighter. There are four left in existence, the other three in museums. When this restoration is complete, it will be the only airworthy P-61.

If you went to the Jones Beach show, you would have seen a number of familiar faces...

C-46 Tinker Belle lives down near me in Monroe, NC but makes the show circuit. They even threw guys out the back...

This was the first time I've seen a Grumman Wildcat outside of a museum. This was only one of several low passes the pilot treated us to.