Thread: Arguing With Fellow Spotters

Arguing With Fellow Spotters

All,

Many of us here also interact on other websites and also in person. As our numbers grow, the likelihood of us having debates, squabbles, or even simply coming upon people that we don't get along with increases.

Recently, there was a debate on a Facebook page, and Gintaras said some things about another member that was not terribly nice. I wanted to point that, today, he apologized there to him in public, which I felt was a great thing to do. Being accountable for our actions and manning up is not always easy, and even for the disagreements that him and I have had in the past, I have a lot more respect for him having done that. Kudos to him. I hope that those of you who have had disagreements with him will also acknowledge his efforts to make amends.

At the end of the day, we are all in this hobby for a reason....because we like aviation. It's something that we do because we like it. For me, half of it's aviation, but the other half are the friends I've made along the way; aviation would just not be as enjoyable alone. I hope that we can all, always put forth effort to keep the peace when able in our great past-time.

Thanks.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I am very proud that he stood up and admitted he was wrong, that takes guts and shows he has class. We all error at times, this is what a grownup should do. Stay Classy
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

First of all I appreciate that he apologized. Actually I've never had a conversation with Gintaras

Second, most of you know me, I've been around here for years. I may be quiet but that does not mean I'm not friendly. I will help out anyone in the community whether its for spotting locations, suggestions for spotting here in NY, rides, incoming aircraft, etc.....

As Phil said he are all here because of our love for aviation.

And finally if you are looking for me on Facebook, yes I have an account, but I'm never on there. So this whole debate that went on I knew nothing about until my friends alerted me with screen shots and were keeping me up to date. Those are some true friends. had my back and I am thankful for that. Thank You

See you out there.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I consider it a privilege to know so many people that love planes as much as I do. Because of that, I take a very easygoing approach as my aim is to have the widest circle of friends that I share my love of aviation with. As in other circles of life, there is no benefit to burning bridges just to prove a petty point.

As I tell my folks at work, the only time to start getting upset is 1)you've lost someone you care about, 2)you've received bad medical news, 3) something happened to your kids(if you have them) and 4) a sudden financial crisis. EVERYTHING ELSE IS CAKE, PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Recently, there was a debate on a Facebook page, and Gintaras said some things about another member that was not terribly nice. I wanted to point that, today, he apologized there to him in public, which I felt was a great thing to do.
    Oh wondered where Gintaras has been!! Havent seen any threads/postings on here for awhile!! That was a good thing to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    As I tell my folks at work, the only time to start getting upset is 1)you've lost someone you care about, 2)you've received bad medical news, 3) something happened to your kids(if you have them) and 4) a sudden financial crisis. EVERYTHING ELSE IS CAKE, PEOPLE
    AMEN on that!!

Well stated William!

When I started shooting, I thought I was the only one that was crazy enough to photograph those metallic birds in the sky, but through individuals that I've met through spotting (such as Eric), I've learned a lot with regards to photography, and have always respected their knowledge of do's and don'ts when it comes to spotting.

William .... next time you're in town bring the "cake" :P
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I thought he was mad at me because I said I didn't like his sweater! Then he said he liked Italian music so it's all good.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol