Thread: Roadtrip: IAD-PHL-NYC-BOS-ALB-ROC-BUF

Roadtrip: IAD-PHL-NYC-BOS-ALB-ROC-BUF

Hey guys,

I may need your kind help. In late September I'll be in the States for a roadtrip on above mentioned route. Maybe you can advise me some remote airfields, museums, gateguards etc which are not so well known.

I'm interested in Airlines, military planes, Business jets etc.

I think I have done a lot of "homework" in advance, but I don't want to miss any interesting plane/field/museum which I didn't find vial airlines.net or other pages.

So any single advise would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
    Sebastian

You'll be coming to the Northeast Megalopolis just in time for UN Week @ JFK and the Pope's visit to Philadelphia(not sure how that arrival will be handled yet). UN Week alone is a big deal, you may want to consider being around for that, lots of rarely seen stuff in these parts

Thanks for the advise but I doubt I'll be "on time" in NYC. We arrive in the evening of the 27th in IAD and want to spent aprox 3-4 days around D.C. Including a visit in KDCA,KIAD and the museum for sure :-)

I assume that you are driving. If you are intested in museums there is a small one at Schenectady County Airport (about 10 miles NW of ALB). I drive by it regularly, but I've never actually stopped in.

http://www.esam.org/

Thanks SmAlbany !

Thats what I'm looking for, never heard of that museum before and it has a nice F-14 inside, great !

Thanks a lot !