Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Fleet Week New York, May 20 - 26

Decided to check out Eisenhower Park as well for the first time. Couldn't believe how jam packed it was(had to park the car on the grass near the entrance). I missed the Navy Landing at 10AM. I believe the SeaKnight is heading to the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Quantico, Va.

Last edited by gpalz1; 2015-05-24 at 01:17 PM.

Oh yes they get big crowds there especially lots of families!! I always get there around 9:30 to grab a spot! Used to be just one FlyIn but last couple of years they split it with Navy then Marines!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Yeah, I had a great time at Eisenhower Park watching their impressive aerial demos also, especially the Marines !! WOW !
    Here's a cool video I found of their demo and what the dust storm was like from their prop wash !! Ha !!
    For both the FlyIns I positioned myself in the field just north of the fence line so the aircraft come right over my head!!

I had positioned myself on the east side, parallel to the main roadway through the park. I'd seen a video where it appeared they had approached from the north so I thought I would be in a good spot. The county police cleared us out for "safety" reasons, but they didn't do the same on the West side, where it seemed the Osprey landed closer to. So I moved to the South looking North thinking okay I'm still in a good spot and catch them coming towards me head on. I didn't notice that the Navy helos were pointing North indicating an approach from the South and the Marines might do the same. Which they did. I'll be back next year. Short drive and just as fun as Republic where I normally go.

Anyone know if the hornets are launching out of LGA before the flyover @ Citi...Or are they just coming straight in from Oceana? Would love to catch the departure

I found this video of the 4 Super Hornets from Oceana performing the Missing Man Formation over the Intrepid today.

Oh nice there were 4 Hornets!! Guess the FAA said is was ok to fly LOLOL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utP8Z214odM

Finally got this up on Youtube!! Took it with my iPhone 6 and its the arrival of the Osprey and Sea Knight at Eisenhower Park in May