USS Barry (DDG 52)
    USS Stout (DDG 55)
    4 USNA Patrol Boats

US COAST GUARD
    Sturgeon Bay (WTGB 109)
    Spencer (WMEC 905)

Very cool.....I love fleet week....

Ken

Here's the link for more info on where and when the Ships will be available for public tours during Fleet Week also.

http://www.fleetweeknewyork.com/flee...FWNY_15-03.pdf

BTW, looks like the only Joint Aviation Event scheduled for Fleet Week this year is at Eisenhower Park on Saturday, May 23, 2015.
    Here's the link on their events page:
    http://www.fleetweeknewyork.com/flee...rk/events.html

Event: Joint Aviation Event

Time: TBD

U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Navy will demonstrate aviation and personnel equipment. Event is free and open to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    BTW, looks like the only Joint Aviation Event scheduled for Fleet Week this year is at Eisenhower Park on Saturday, May 23, 2015.
    Here's the link on their events page:
    http://www.fleetweeknewyork.com/flee...rk/events.html
    Event: Joint Aviation Event
    Time: TBD
    U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Navy will demonstrate aviation and personnel equipment. Event is free and open to the public.
    That is always an excellent Event!! Multiple helicopters swooping in, off loading armed soldiers securing the LZ!! And after the copters shutdown the field opens up and everyone can get up close and personal with man and machine!!

The full Fleet Week New York Aerial Demonstration schedule was posted today
    http://www.fleetweeknewyork.com/flee...FWNY_15-04.pdf

Here is the list of Aerial Demos on the schedule that are open to the general public:

Thursday, May 21st
    • Noon - 12:30 p.m., Coney Island, New York – U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) will conduct a
    Search and Rescue demo in the water off of Coney Island for visitors to see.

Saturday, May 23rd
    • 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Eisenhower Park, East Meadow, New York – USMC (10 a.m. – noon,
    including MV-22 Osprey, CH-46E Sea Knight, and AH-1W SuperCobra aircraft) and USN
    (noon - 2 p.m., including MH-60S helicopters) will display aviation and operational
    equipment. USN EOD personnel will also be in attendance. After the air demo, USN and
    USMC helicopters will land and be available for display. U.S. Navy Band Northeast “Show
    Band” will perform.

• Noon - 12:30 p.m., Pier 92, Manhattan, New York – USCG will conduct a Search and Rescue
    demo in the water off of Manhattan for visitors to see.

Sunday, May 24th
    • 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Rye Playland, Rye, New York – Event will include a ceremony in honor
    of Memorial Day at 11:45 a.m. followed by a barbecue for veterans and their families. A
    USMC Aviation/Marine Air-Ground Task Force demo will take place from 2 – 4 p.m.
    including MV-22 Osprey, CH-46E Sea Knight, and AH-1W SuperCobra aircraft.

• Noon - 12:30 p.m., USS The Sullivans Pier, Staten Island, New York – USCG will conduct a
    Search and Rescue demo in the water off of Staten Island Homeport for visitors to see.

Monday, May 25th
    • 11 a.m., Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, Manhattan, New York – A missing man
    formation aerial salute comprised of FA-18 Super Hornets based out of Naval Air Station
    Oceana in Virginia Beach, Va. will be performed in conjunction with the Intrepid Memorial
    Day Commemoration at Pier 86.

• 1:10 p.m. Citi Field, Flushing, New York – Two FA-18 Super Hornets based out of Naval Air
    Station Oceana in Virginia Beach, Va. will fly over the annual New York Mets/USO Military
    Appreciation Day at Citi Field, signifying the start of the game. The Mets will take on the
    Philadelphia Phillies. The Joint Service Color Guard will present colors, and a member of
    Navy Band Northeast will sing the national anthem.

• 1:30 - 2 p.m., Pier 86, Manhattan, New York – USCG will conduct a Search and Rescue
    demo in the water off of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Pier for visitors to see.

• 2 - 5 p.m., Glen Island Park, New Rochelle, New York – USMC Aviation/Marine Air-
    Ground Task Force demo including MV-22 Osprey, CH-46E Sea Knight, and AH-1W
    SuperCobra aircraft. The event will showcase airborne insertion and extraction of aircraft
    with combat equipped Marines.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Was in a meeting when the ships passed by the slice of the Hudson that I can see, so I missed it myself; but the TV images showed an Osprey on the back deck of the San Antonio. Looks like a trip over to the West Side is in order this weekend. Get there early; the lines can be well over an hour to get onboard.

I did manage to catch the B-29 making a couple of circles around the Lady.

I just missed the ships. Traffic was horrible this morning and I got stuck in Brooklyn.

after FiFi came through, I did see to Chinooks, 1 Huey, and a cobra flying up the Hudson.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Saturday, May 23rd
    • 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Eisenhower Park, East Meadow, New York – USMC (10 a.m. – noon,
    including MV-22 Osprey, CH-46E Sea Knight, and AH-1W SuperCobra aircraft) and USN
    (noon - 2 p.m., including MH-60S helicopters) will display aviation and operational
    equipment. USN EOD personnel will also be in attendance. After the air demo, USN and
    USMC helicopters will land and be available for display. U.S. Navy Band Northeast “Show
    Band” will perform
    Highly recommended!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70 View Post
    I just missed the ships. Traffic was horrible this morning and I got stuck in Brooklyn.
    Going to work this morning and as my train passed over the BQE by Queens Blvd at 7:15 it was already bumper to bumper at a snails pace!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70 View Post

after FiFi came through, I did see to Chinooks, 1 Huey, and a cobra flying up the Hudson.
    So that's what they were in for! They were circling my house by MacArthur Airport the other day and woke me up this morning circling just north of me.

FYI, it looks like the Navy helicopters will now be flying into Eisenhower Park first tomorrow,
    and then the Marines, according to the updated Fleet Week Aerial Demonstration press release:

Saturday, May 23rd
    • 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Eisenhower Park, East Meadow, New York – USN (10 a.m. – noon,
    including MH-60S helicopters) and USMC (noon - 2 p.m., including MV-22 Osprey, CH-46E
    Sea Knight, and AH-1W SuperCobra aircraft) will display aviation and operational equipment.

FYI, it looks like the Navy helicopters will now be flying into Eisenhower Park first tomorrow,
    and then the Marines, according to the updated Fleet Week Aerial Demonstration press release:

Saturday, May 23rd
    • 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Eisenhower Park, East Meadow, New York – USN (10 a.m. – noon,
    including MH-60S helicopters) and USMC (noon - 2 p.m., including MV-22 Osprey, CH-46E
    Sea Knight, and AH-1W SuperCobra aircraft) will display aviation and operational equipment.
    Yes thats what they did last year!! At 10 two Navy Seahawks flew in, did a rapelling operation, landed and shutdown. They stayed till around 11:30 then after they left the BIG BOYS came in!! LOL!! Heading there in about 45 minutes!!

Once again ....WOW!!!
    Arrived at Eisenhower around 9:30 and figured I had time to have my coffee and donut and was sitting back in the car when I heard the sound of copters!! Sure enough it was the Seahawks, 3 of them, an early arrival. Well I wasnt the only one who wasnt ready and they had to circle to the south until the LZ was ready!! They came in, the first rappelling some soldiers, low and slow then shutdown!! Soon after the gates were opened and the crowd rushed the field!! I took my time going in instead I watched the excellent USN Northeast Band for awhile then over to the really nice Veterans Memorial which one should really visit!! They did a great job there!! Around 11:40 as they cleared the LZ and the MH-60s prepped to fly out you could alreadsy hear the Marine copters circling to the West.
    The USN copters lifted off in unison and out they went!! Minutes later a Cobra gunship and a UH-1Y "Super Huey" began circling the LZ!! In the distance I saw a Sea Knight flying around!! Then all of a sudden an Osprey in airplane mode comes tearing over the LZ eliciting cheers from the crowd!! The Osprey headed out to the south, met up with the Sea Knight and as a flight of two they headed into the LZ!! Have to say prop wash from those big machines is a bitch and glad I stayed back from the fenceline!! When they landed they off loaded combat ready troops while the Huey and Cobra roarted over the LZ at almost at tree top level!! That was impressive!! Soon they came in to land and one by one they shutdown therir engines and prepped the copters and themselves for the arrival of the masses!!
    One of the great aspects of this show is of course the aircraft but its so nice to meet and talk with the pilots, crew members and soldiers assigned to them!! They are just so warm and nice, chatting with everyone, explaining their equipment and posing for numerous picture with the kids and their families!! You get a nice warm and fuzzy feeling and a great sense of patriotism!!
    Just before 2 the LZ is once again cleared and we all wait as the aircraft slowly go through their preflight procedures, then engines on, rotors turn!! The Cobra led followed by the Huey then the Sea Knight!! But then I saw one of the crew members of the Osprey come out and run over to the fence line to the far side of me where a number of PD stood!! From what I could tell it looked like one of the window bubbles of the Sea Knight popped out on takeoff and he ran to retrieve it!! Well before the Osprey took off the other 3 copters returned for a low and fast flyby right over them and they were gone!! Right after that the Osprey lifted off and a minute later they returned as an airplane for their flyby and then, sadly it was quiet and the day was ended!!
    Have to say as much as I like the air show this for me is even better but then I am a RotorHead!! Not many times you get to see such an impressive array of military aircraft in one setting and this to me is the highlight of the weekend!!

Yeah, I had a great time at Eisenhower Park watching their impressive aerial demos also, especially the Marines !! WOW !
    Here's a cool video I found of their demo and what the dust storm was like from their prop wash !! Ha !!