Thread: Howdy!

Howdy!

I discovered this website several weeks ago, thought it was awesome, and decided to sign up.

A little bit about me: Grew up in Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area and have been fascinated with aircraft of all kinds my entire life. I majored in Aviation Technology/Aviation Management, and have worked in several different industry sectors from commercial airline operations, corporate/GA, military aviation, and military contract aviation support. I currently work for a fractional ownership program company here in the Metroplex, and recently passed the 1-year mark. I love my job, the people I work with, the challenging environment it provides, and the sense of fulfillment it brings me. I would definitely classify myself as a total aviation nerd. I realized the other day that I have more airline logo/marketing T-shirts than just regular ones you'd buy at the store. When I was 19 I decided to get the L-1011 eagle logo tattooed on my back, a decision I don't think I will ever regret.

Apart from aviation I really enjoy competitive rowing, cycling, running, and swimming. I have a decent interest in cars, and like reading about them. I like to travel, and occasionally will find an empty flight to jump on, or I will take a road trip on a whim. I am fascinated with the desert, and will often seek out places in West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, etc. to go explore. Ghost towns and abandoned government installations or airports are of particular interest to me.

Glad to be here,

Travis

Welcome aboard Travis ... Looking forward to your images.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Welcome, and I applaud your choice of tattoo art

Thanks guys! My photography skills are nothing to write home about, but I envy y'all who can capture great moments on camera.

As far as the tattoo goes, I'm glad I got it, and I know likely very few people in the world have it. I'm not dogging tribal bands and random Chinese characters, but if I am going to permanently burn something into my flesh, it's going to be something that has a lot of meaning to me, and preferably be somewhat original.