Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields of New York

Thanks to historical material contributed by Kevin Walsh, Ron Plante, Brian Rehwinkel, and hundreds of other aviation history buffs over the past quarter, the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website's quantity of material has grown to a total of 2,204 airfields, across all 50 states. This includes new additions describing former airfields such as Groveton Airfield NH, Elsinore Airport CA, Brightwood Airport IN, Reynolds Field NY, Holley Field FL, Wamsutter Airport WY, Pepeekeo Airstrip HI, Kona Village Resort Airstrip HI, Shippensburg Airport PA, McEnnan Airport MI, Rich Field TX, Payne Field MS, Sky Court Airport NM, Bassler Airfield MD, and updates to many others. If you have applicable material about a former airfield, please let me know.

And I truly appreciate financial donations, without which the site could not continue.

Paul Freeman
    www.airfieldsfreeman.com

Thanks to historical material contributed by Lee Corbin, Kevin Walsh, Ron Plante, Brian Rehwinkel, and hundreds of other aviation history buffs over the past quarter, the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website's quantity of material has grown to a total of 2,248 airfields, across all 50 states. This includes new additions describing former airfields such as Maricopa Airport CA, David's Field MI, Twin City Airport AR, Nottingham Field VA, Steven's Desert Airport CA, Point Spencer AFB AK, Senia Airport IN, North Augusta Airport SC, Scheidler Field MI, and updates to many others. If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know.

Paul Freeman
    www.airfields-freeman.com

2017 was a great year for the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website. Thanks to historical material contributed by Lee Corbin, Kevin Walsh, Ron Plante, Brian Rehwinkel, and hundreds of other aviation history buffs, entries for an additional 117 airfields have been added to the website in the past year. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,280 airfields, across all 50 states. It includes new additions describing former airfields such as Tucson Airpark AZ, Yates Airport TX, Westwood Airport (1st location) CA, Holly Airport MI, Robbinsdale Airport MN, Northern Pump Airfield IL, Maveal Airport MI, Genesee Field NY, Hughesville Airport P, Applegarth Airfield NJ, and updates to many others. If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know.

And I truly appreciate financial donations, without which the site could not continue.

Paul Freeman

www.airfields-freeman.com

Thanks to historical material contributed by Lee Corbin, Bill Grasha, Kevin Walsh, Mike Denja, Brian Rehwinkel, and hundreds of other aviation history buffs, entries for an additional 111 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website in the past year. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,305 airfields, across all 50 states. It includes new additions describing former airfields such as Rudy's Airport NJ, Piney Hollow Airfield NJ, Portsmouth Island Airfield NC, Sycamore Airport IL, Bergdoll Field PA, Mather Airport OH, Ace High Airport MO, Wood Field VA, and updates to many others. If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know.

Paul Freeman

www.airfieldsfreeman.com

Thanks to historical material contributed by Bill Grasha, Kevin Walsh, Mike Denja, Brian Rehwinkel, and hundreds of other aviation history buffs, entries for an additional 92 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website in the past year. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,327 airfields, across all 50 states. It includes new additions describing former airfields such as Ishpeming-Dexter Airport MI, Aviation Country Club MI, Hanson Airport IL, Brunswick Airport MD, Englewood Airport CO, Snook Field OH, Menominee County Airport MI, Bar None Aiport CO, and updates to many others. If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know.

Paul Freeman ✈

www.airfieldsfreeman.com

The "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website is celebrating its 20th Anniversary! Driven by my interest to document our nation's disappearing aviation infrastructure, I put it on the web back in 1999. It's hard to believe now, but that was only 8 years after the world's first website, and only one year after the creation of Google.

The website has gone through incredible changes & growth: adding the domain name www.airfieldsfreeman.com, changing web hosting providers, but most of all adding an amazing amount of content documenting an ever-growing set of airfields, 90% of which has been sent in by readers. Some of these dedicated band of fellow aviation historians have been sending me material for literally 20 years. That has resulted in the website now covering a total of 2,346 airfields, across all 50 states. Many readers have told me that by seeing how many airfields we've lost, it motivates them to support the airfields we still have. That is the website's most important role.

So thanks to everyone who has supported the website over the past 20 years!

If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know. And I truly appreciate financial donations, without which the site could not continue.

Paul Freeman ��✈

www.airfieldsfreeman.com

Entries for an additional 49 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website in the past year. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,362 airfields, across all 50 states, thanks to historical material contributed by Kevin Walsh, Brian Rehwinkel, Lee Corbin, Bill Grasha, Mike Denja, and hundreds of other aviation history buffs. It includes new additions describing former airfields such as Grumman Calverton Airfield NY, Oberlin Airport OH, Horn Point Aerodrome MD, Bland's Wharf Intermediate Field VA, Milford Intermediate Field VA, Erie Aerodrome MI, Pottawatomie Airport KS, De Witt Airport IA, and updates to many others.
    If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know.

Paul Freeman

http://www.airfieldsfreeman.com

Entries for an additional 79 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website at http://www.airfieldsfreeman.com in the past year. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,426 airfields, across all 50 states, thanks to historical material contributed by hundreds of devoted aviation history buffs. Recent entries include new additions describing former airfields such as Riverland Airfield MI, August Acres Airport OH, White Airport CA, Ordway Airport CO, Stinson-Northville Field MI, Columbus Southwest Airport OH, NY Seaplane Base Airport NY, Radford Airport VA, and updates to many others.

If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know.

Paul Freeman

Thanks to historical material contributed by hundreds of devoted aviation history buffs, entries for in additional 91 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website at http://www.airfieldsfreeman.com in the past year. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,450 airfields, across all 50 states. Recent entries include new additions describing former airfields such as Lindbergh Field IL, Tillamook Coastway #1 Airport OR, Hotel Carolinian Airfield NC, Lakewood Airport GA, Forest Home Airport MS, Kannapolis Airport NC, NY Seaplane Base Airport NY, Radford Airport VA, and updates to many others.

Paul Freeman

Thanks to historical material contributed by hundreds of devoted aviation history buffs, entries for an additional 117 airfields have been added in the past year to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website at www.airfieldsfreeman.com. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,504 airfields, across all 50 states. Recent entries include new additions describing former airfields such as Ayresport GA, Lexington Airport NC, Canfield Airport ND, Williston Airport ND, Sloulin Field ND, Providence Downtown Helistop RI, Babin Landing Strip LA, Hilton Airport CA, Colonial Airport NC, Original Mt. Airy Airport NC, Hamden Airport CT, Primghar Airport IA, Brown Landing Field SD, Aurora Industrial Airfield IN, Torres Airport PR, Dale Hollow Airport KY, Panamint Springs Auxiliary Airfield CA, Moseley Field AZ, Sharon Airport PA, Woodruff Airport OH, Lonoke Municipal Airport AR, Hemmingway-Stuckey Airport SC, Smithfield Airport RI, Rogert Airstrip NE, Ames Airport MA, Secret Valley CA, Kannapolis Airport NC, and updates to many others.

Paul Freeman
    www.airfieldsfreeman.com

Thanks to historical material contributed by hundreds of devoted aviation history buffs, entries for an additional 91 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website at www.airfieldsfreeman.com in the past year. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,533 airfields, across all 50 states.

Recent entries include new additions describing former airfields such as Mid-City Airport OH, North Houston Airport TX, Lakelawn Airport NY, Miller Field WV, Vandergrift Airport PA, Whiting Field WI, Airlie Airport VA, Superior Airport WI, TAC-X Army Airfield, De Leon Airport TX, Olla Airport LA, Ash Meadows Airport NV, Perdido River Ranch Airport FL, Kearns Airport OH, Camp Roberts AAF (original) CA, The Westerner Inn Airpark TX, Eulberg Airfield SD, Mission Sioux Airport SD, Vanderbilt Seaplane Base NY, Charles Town Airport WV, Pan Am Heliport NY, Ozarks Flying Patch Airport MO, Jaeck Dropzone Airfield GA, updates to many others.

Paul Freeman
    www.airfieldsfreeman.com

In the past year, entries for an additional 75 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website at www.airfieldsfreeman.com. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,589 airfields, across all 50 states. I hope the website's given you some positive distraction in what's been some challenging times.

Recent entries include new additions describing former airfields such as Baldani Airfield CA, Cobb Airport GA, Loveland Airport CO, Corvallis Airport OR, Lyndon Airport OR, Flying Gators Airpark FL, Stroudsburg-Pocono Airport PA, Martin Field AL, Carter Memorial Airport TX, Skycrest Country Club Airfield IL, Ideal Manufacturing Corp Airfield NJ, Hoby Wolf Airport MD, May Airport NC, Giant City State Park Airfield IL, DEC Heliport MA, Altadena Airport CA, Waynoka-Kelsey Airport OK, Scherr Airport KS, Corvallis Junctional Airport OR, Trinity Field AL, Alvin Airport TX, Continental Airfield AZ, Beaver Dam Auxiliary Field AL, and updates to many others.

Paul Freeman
    www.airfieldsfreeman.com

In the past year, entries for an additional 88 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website at www.airfieldsfreeman.com. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,676 airfields, across all 50 states.

Recent entries include new additions describing former airfields such as Yuba Airport MI, (Original) Coolidge Airport AZ, Carl's Airport MI, NAS Bremerton WA, Smiths Grove KY, Frank Sinatra Rancho Mirage Helipad, Lesikar Farms Airport TX, Palmer Field SC, Jefferson Airport OH, Williams Memorial Airport MI, Otisville Airport MI, Site 6 FL, Victory Air Museum Airfield IL, Skypark Airport NY, Gerstner Field LA, Huntersville Airport WV, AvAg Heliport CA, Harrisburg Airport OR, Hackenberger Airport PA, Kealia Landing Strip HI, Kekaha Airstrip HI, Sky-Hi Pioneer Airport AZ, El Rico Airfield CA, Spanish Springs Airport NV, Meadow Aire Farm Airport OH, Mt. Washington Airport KY, Bush Airport IN, Cool Meadow Airport KY, Halley Field KY, and updates to many others.

Paul Freeman

www.airfieldsfreeman.com

In 2023, entries for an additional 78 airfields have been added to the "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields" website at https://www.airfieldsfreeman.com. This brings the site's coverage to a total of 2,736 airfields, across all 50 states. The website will celebrate its 25th anniversary in another 4 months. Thanks for all the historical material which has expanded the site to its present scope!

Recent entries include new additions describing former airfields such as Downtown Oakland Heliport CA, Brandon Airport FL, Sugar Loaf Resort Airport MI, Hawkes Airfield NH, Rives Airpark TX, Besse Field NH, White Mountain Gateway Airport NH, Bradshaw Airpark VA, Weirs Seaplane Base NH, Morse Airfield NH, Shealy Airport SC, Berkeley Airport CA, Langin Field WV, Equinox Airport VT, Midway Airport NY, Dudley Intermediate Field MA, Westwego Airport & Seaplane Base LA, Kittyhawk Airport TX, McFarland Airport MO, and updates to many others.

If you have applicable material about a former airfield, particularly pictures, please let me know. And I truly appreciate financial donations, without which the site could not continue.

Paul Freeman
    https://www.airfieldsfreeman.com