Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royal Air Force A330MRTT and Tornado GR4 KDOV pics

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    There was a pair of German Tornadoes from Holloman at a Langley show sometime in the mid-2000s. I thiiiiink it was the same year that a British E-3 was there but don't quote me on that.

I have heard many times that Calverton shot left a lot to be desired.
    I would have loved to see a Vulcan. it seems from many years past US airshows you have have a lot of tings that cut away form the typical re-hashed aircraft we get these days. Its too bad those F-14s didn't get around or fly more than some other types at the airshows. I saw my first F-14 in Tomcat the all black "Playboy" themed Tomcat that at Maxwell AFB on some given day. Unfortunately it was just months before I started taking pix. My next opportunity to see a F-14 was in 2002.
    I definitely would have gone to KLFI to get those GAF Tornadoes.

Senga

I saw a Vulcan in 1979 departing the old Glenview NAS out Chicago way, awesomely massive delta !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Again, I am lucky in that the last and only flying Vulcan XH558 (http://www.vulcantothesky.org) is based at my local airport (Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield - DSA - EGCN) and I see her very often.
    Sadly, this is possibly her last year of flying due to a shortage of engines as well as airframe hours. DSA was a former Vulcan airbase and I can still remember the ground shaking when they did a squadron scramble, and I live 7 miles away.
    I was also lucky enough to see her flying with the 2 Lancasters C-GVRA & PA474 last summer.

Last edited by davegu; 2015-04-13 at 07:10 PM.
    Regards
    Dave

My website: www.donnyradar.co.uk

Very nice,
    and I wish I could have seent he Vulcan myself. US airshows can use some new blood.

I shot C-GVRA at KFRG a few years back.

Senga