Thread: 3/29 Groton

3/29 Groton

With decent weather and a small dose of cabin fever I headed out to Groton/New London airport for lunch at the new restaurant and some photos. While it's not a busy or particularly exciting dose of traffic it still beats cleaning and laundry, and a good day spotting beats damn near anything else no matter what airport. It certainly didn't hurt to have a post-winter (hockey) shakedown of the gear in preparation for what promises to be a lot more spotting in the next few weeks either.

Enjoy!

An Ercoup taxiing by.
    g2 by MK16photo, on Flickr

The local flight schools were out and flying all day, with students taking advantage of near perfect weather for flight training.
    g6 by MK16photo, on Flickr

The instructor in the Seneca just played (and won) a game of "Spot the Spotter"
    g8 by MK16photo, on Flickr

g9 by MK16photo, on Flickr

Back from another ATP training sortie
    g11 by MK16photo, on Flickr

A nice Hawker turning around for KRSW after arriving earlier in the afternoon from St. Maarten.
    g4 by MK16photo, on Flickr

Jetting out over Long Island Sound
    g5 by MK16photo, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by captmjk16; 2015-03-31 at 07:46 PM.

Nice set, it's always nice to see something different from other near by airfields.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Thanks Mark. I'm hoping there will be plenty more to come through the next few months!

What's the name of new restaurant at GON? Thanks!

The restaurant at Groton is The Beacon Bar and Grill. The food's good (Though somewhat limited until they get the gas line put in, hopefully by the end of the month), prices reasonable, and the view is tops. You can find their page on Facebook as I'm nearly certain there's no website up yet. If/when you go tell Pat that Mark sent you.