Thread: New Castle/Wilmington (KILG), on-going thread

New Castle/Wilmington (KILG), on-going thread

This is an airport that often gets lost in the dark but this airport has 6x based C-130H Hercules, a L-29B Jetstar, and a few ex-Soviet fighter and trainer aircraft!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    I think there are actually 8 DE ANG C-130s. It's also a fairly important Dassault facility so interesting Falcons go through there from time to time. Unfortunately, it's not especially busy and there aren't a ton of good photo spots, which is why you rarely see pictures from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I think there are actually 8 DE ANG C-130s. It's also a fairly important Dassault facility so interesting Falcons go through there from time to time. Unfortunately, it's not especially busy and there aren't a ton of good photo spots, which is why you rarely see pictures from there.
    Mateo, you are correct. You need to be a really good photographer and/or be really lucky to get nice shots at KILG. I have seen some really nice Falcon 2000's, as well as some Falcon tri-holers (50,7X,900) but I have never seen a 10 or a 20. It is also a Hawker-Beechcraft maintenance facility so that means some nice King Airs, 1900s, and especially Hawkers. Then again, them annoying Beechjets fly in there frequently as well!

I have been past there so many times and keep my eyes out for a special one off Falcon Jet being worked on. A few times I have seen the Frontier Aircraft operating out of KILG as well. I'd love to get some state Falcons on MX there. The Sonair used to go there for work. I think it was VP-BEE or something.

Senga