Thread: KJQF - Concord Regional 2/26/15

KJQF - Concord Regional 2/26/15

A little over a year ago, Allegiant started service between Concord (just north of Charlotte) and Orlando Sanford SFB. They run several days a week, usually with MD-80s, but with the occasional A320 sub. I hadn't managed to catch one yet, but today, I was working from home after an overnight snow storm, and took a ride up to Concord around lunch time. I happened to catch this Allegiant A320 being towed to the terminal - it had arrived last night, and was scheduled to head back to SFB a couple of hours later, but was cancelled due to the weather.

JQF doesn't really have a passenger terminal - they have a small facility for FBO-type operations, so Allegiant turned a hangar into a "temporary" passenger terminal. There has been talk about building a "real" passenger terminal, but no solid plans that I've heard. Allegiant did just announce additional service to FLL from JQF, starting in May, so that may give an added push to the terminal.

Nice plane--looks even better in the snow. Hope to get out to JQF with you sometime soon.
    Adam Sheinhaus

JQF has airline service? news to me! This reminds me too much of the Skybus operation at St. Augustine, FL.

Yes, since December 2013. Allegiant will add FLL service in a few months.