I was unable to get the first ever arrival of the American Airlines 787 Dreamliner at Chicago O'Hare Airport but
my friend Jose Guillen who works on the ramp there was able to get a shot instead and has given me permission to share his video.

Here's his notes for this video.
----------------------------------------------------
We O'Hare employees and spotters were blessed with this unique visit today as American's first brand-new Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, registered as N800AN, stopped by for fit checks and to be checked out by the top American Airlines managers and officials in Chicago.

N800AN is an American Airlines Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner ( construction number / cn / MSN / manufacturer's serial number 40618 // line number / ln 241. It is powered by 2 General Electric GEnx high-bypass turbofan engines. N800AN is numbered as 8AA in the AAL fleet, and was delivered on January 22nd, 2015, having been ferried to DFW the day after.

The aircraft arrived at 11:14 AM CST from Phoenix Sky Harbor International / Int'l Airport ( KPHX / PHX ) as American 9767 Heavy ( AAL9767 / AA9767 / American Airlines Flight 9767 ). It landed on Runway 28-Center ( RWY 28C ) at Chicago O'Hare International / Int'l Airport ( KORD / ORD ).

Immediately after landing, the aircraft was taxied up North to the American Airlines maintenance hangars to be held there until later in the day when the fit checks were scheduled to take place. It is expected to spend the night here at O'Hare.

American Airlines is scheduled to begin temporary DreamLiner service between Dallas - Ft. Worth International / Int'l Airport ( KDFW / DFW ) and O'Hare on May 7th, 2015 with Flight 2320. This is expected to last for a few months while American uses the short donestic route between hubs to train crews on their newest aircraft in the fleet.

THIS VIDEO IS THE PROPERTY OF YouTube user joseg2143 AND MAY NOT BE COPIED, DOWNLOADED, TRANSFERRED, OR REPOSTED WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION.

joseg2143 Chicago O'Hare Int'l Airport Plane Spotting / Aircraft Spotting / Flight Tracking / Planespotting / Aircraft Photography

Recorded with a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Tuesday, February 24th, 2015.