Thread: United Arab Emirates Air Force A330MRTT and Mirage 2000 KDOV Pics

United Arab Emirates Air Force A330MRTT and Mirage 2000 KDOV Pics

Greetings,
    I made it down to KDOV for the United Arab Emirates Air Force A300MRTT and the Mirage 2000 fighters. As some of you know I am a big fan of the A330MRTT. The Mirage 2000 Fighters are a new type for me and glad to finally be able to see them. They were on their way to Red Flag and departing to KLSV. There was a planned departure of 11am however one of the Mirages has a Mechanical problem and set back the departure by 3 hours. This resulted in clouds to come in (of course) and lessen some otherwise nice shots. Also a UAF C-17 was at Dover and departed after. Unfortunately it was the one without any marking at all so I dismissed it as I have the full marking form a previous trip.

x6 UAF Mirage 2000
    x1 UAF A330MRTT

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2015-02-20 at 02:50 PM.

Great coverage Senga! That A330MRTT is terrific! I got my first look at an A330MRTT just yesterday as a matter of fact. The UK's Royal Air Force had a 330MMRT sitting on the Dulles ramp under the tower.

Those Mirages are good looking too. Bet they sounded nice :)

Thanks for sharing!

Very cool, Senga!

Thanks and thanks!,
    I gave up tracking that one when it flew over us and KDOV, KWRI. Personally I like the old designation the "F RAMP" for obvious reasons :) However there is another one arriving 16:15L from KLSV as I am typing this. Its flying with 4 Typhoons. The Typhoons are going to KLFI and the A330 to KIAD. I was hoping they would hit KDOV or KWRI and stay together :( Oh well maybe next time. No time to get to KIAD for the A330 for me and the weather will be horrendous tomorrow.

Skyteam18,
    The sound was terribly impressive. That might have been because of the 30+ knots winds and the 15 degree temps that really put a damper on the sound. They sounded more like a Aresole can when you pit your hand onthe nozzle. I have heard better sounding Learjet 24s ! :) I have some crappy Video Ill upload it when I get a chance.

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2015-02-20 at 04:24 PM.

Great job catching the UAE A330MRTT and Mirages passing thru KDOV, Senga !!

You never cease to amazing me! Great catches Senga.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

WOW! Awesome catches!!! I wounder how those UAE guys and their jets enjoyed 15° temps... Great work toughing it out in those conditions.

Thanks,
    I love winter weather conditions. Nothing feels better that being in clear, crisp deathly cold air moving through you at 40 MPH with blowing snow. I hope it stays like this all winter.

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2015-03-02 at 07:53 PM.

I saw French Air Force Mirage 2000s in Dijbouti , and at Farnborough '80, love the delta.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

I'd love to upload some of the video I shot but it was difficult to get anything that wasn't crappy as I was going back and fourth being picks are video. Maybe I can try to edit and put something together that is acceptable to upload.
    Senga