Thread: Taipei

Program Coordinator

Taipei

Mostly there on business I can't say I had a lot of time to explore, and weirdly for some reason when I did I actually enjoyed going out sans camera. It was no doubt a super fascinating place that I hope to return to someday.

Chiang Kai Shek Memorial gate:

Changing of the guard at the memorial, every hour on the hour. It lasts about ten minutes, and was worth the wait to see it through:

A man and his grandson take in a downtown pond, feeding fish:

Some kids were practicing ceremonial drills...I'm pretty sure it was something similar to ROTC or JROTC but I don't know for sure

A woman observes the dizzying view from the 89th floor of Taipei 101, one of the world's tallest buildings:

From the ground:

Finally, the night markets. If you can dream it, it's probably here. Everything from snake venom shots to traditional Chinese herbs, live seafood to delicious pork dumplings. It was an experience.

Nevermind the food and pop-up places to eat, many also had pop-up stores selling everything from stationary to clothing. Here a woman takes a closer a look at a shirt that caught her eye, while her boyfriend in the back gives an impatient look.

This is now on my Christmas list:

To be heard through the intense bustle of the street, many vendors will use stepping stools and megaphones to hawk their wares and draw visitors in. I don't speak Mandarin, so I guess this guy could've been one of those religious types laying it on the crowd, but I don't think so:

Scooters are extremely popular...there has to be thousands upon thousands of them:

Dawn view from my hotel room, looking north from mid-town. Songshan Airport is in there, though hard to see.

Anyways, thanks for the quick look!

Great visual tour, Jeremy. Thanks for sharing!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Program Coordinator
    Thanks Phil!