Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Jones Beach Air Show: May 23 - 24

Great shots Moose!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70 View Post
    As always Moose, excellent shots!
    That C-17 took off in less than 1000'! I'm sure that makes some 135 fly boys jealous! ;)
    that makes sense that the 130 is here for Fleet a week as it looked to be a Marine Bird. I saw him parked over at Excel on Wednesday.
    I'm going to hit the beach today to beat the crowds a bit.
    Yup weather looking quite nice for the practice show.
    When I got to Islip around 2:45 a C-130 was just taking off!! Maybe the same one returning!!
    That C-17 is a beast and I was parked by the Customs hangar when it took off and a number of us there were just in awe how little runway it needs to get up!!

I got it on video. Crappy as it was through the fence.

https://youtu.be/tdHwKkC8q7Y
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Is the practice scheduled for a noon start as well? Give or take? Heading to the beach now. Excited to see the Tbirds

Practice is noon to five
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Thunderbirds just buzzed my house in line gear down! Wish I had my camera ready

Can anyone recommend if it's better to stay at the meseum on Saturday or Sunday? The beach would be the other day.
    Or do you guys recommend beach both days?

If you go to the website for the show they have past attendance and it looks like Sunday has had higher attendance in the past. Plus tomorrow is supposed to be 65 while Sunday 75

Is the practice start time delayed?

Yes, it was delayed until around 1PM.

Chris is the delay due to the wind? Or did they just figure out that could tie up the airspace for less time with the lesser amount of performers.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

I was able to catch the NYC Flyover from Battery Park.
    They made several passes for the photo op with the World Trade Center and the Statue of Liberty.

Note the Jetblue flying overhead from LGA - there was a lot of other traffic at the same time

The "Photographer"

Do we have an approximate launch time from ISP today (Friday) for the practice? I'll run outside at work as I'm in the departure path of 24.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

TBs departed ISP Runway 24 at 3:45 pm today. I had the whole office on the east side of the building outside to watch. The departed in trail and flew right overhead our location. I will be at the beach tomorrow with the family. I'm hoping that with a forecast of 64 and breezy that the heaviest crowds will be on Sunday when its forecast to be sunny and 75! I'm planning on more windburn than sunburn.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

What crazy weather at the beach today!! Breezy and bright sun, blue skies!! Then 1PM clouds roll in and it got a wee bit chilly!! And just as the TBirds come in so do the dark clouds with some light rain but that didnt stop the show!! In fact, if you asked me, the afterburners looked much brighter in that weather and the solo guys sounded a little louder (YAY) than usual!!